At Exelon, we've got a place for you! Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce. Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide oversight of the Material & Logistics or Availability operation including storeroom operations, and coordination with Work Management and Procurement
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Develop and implement short and long term strategic initiatives designed to assure the highest levels of warehouse, delivery services or procurement to support Exelon’s reliability and customer satisfaction goals.
2. Coordinate and manage Supply's interface with Business Unit's organizations and align Supply's processes with work management, projects, and CM processes.
3. Provide oversight of the day to day operations of Procurement or warehouses and effective implementation of the warehouse management processes including but not limited to: Daily and long-range management of local inventory levels, Inventory obsolescence programs, Creation of new catalog items in the system, Implementation of supplier development opportunities in support of supplier diversity and risk mitigation, and Analysis of inventory processes to ensure accurate, timely, efficient , and effective implementation.
4. Provide oversight and support balancing cost controls with client needs to meet service, cost and asset management needs.
5. Provide oversight and support management of the department’s budget.
6. Establish and implement business plans, initiatives and goals.
7. Support the Business Units' Emergency Response activities as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, science or related field with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience
Excellent computer skills including Micro Soft software and PassPort.
Strong communicator, written and oral, with strengths in organization, planning.
Strong analytical skills with respect to total cost materials.
Working knowledge of the Inventory, Purchasing, and Accounts Payable modules of Passport (Purchasing, Contracts, and Action Tracking)
Strong project and change management skills.
Knowledge of commodities, suppliers, market alignments and supply concepts; and corporate and department practices and procedures, contract law, UCC, government regulations, market pricing and risk analysis.
Provide oversight and support the execution of the inventory management or Procurement Process.
Position impacts external customer satisfaction in terms of service reliability (outage duration and frequency).
Manage and develop Supply operations employees.
Supply point of contact client departments including Operations, Engineering, IT, Customer Service, Work Planning, Finance, and Projects.
Monitor department budget.
Travel on average 50% across Exelon sites and business units as business needs dictate.
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm</p>
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.