Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming but entertainment and the technology that drives our user's experience.
Blizzard Publishing is looking for a rockstar manager for our Data Analytics wing of the North America, Media and Analytics team. As the Blizzard business and our media practice grow, our need for high-level data analysis is more critical than ever for the success of our operations. This role will support the rest of the North America publishing department to measure data and report on key insights for campaigns across all of Blizzard's IP.
This role will utilize web, social media, television, search, mobile, display, and organic datasets to identify underlying trends in optimizing marketing ROI. This role will lead a team of Data Analysts in creating reports and providing insights to various cross-functional teams in and outside of the regional, North America Publishing organization. The ideal candidate for this role will have both an excellent analytics toolkit and a strong understanding of the digital media space.Responsibilities:
- Ownership of Media and Analytics team data flows through you; know it inside and out
- Work closely with MarTech team to ensure tagging and data needs are met prior to launches
- Maintain and troubleshoot data collection process with media vendors to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate data transfers from vendors and communicate business needs with our partners
- Work closely with Media Activation and Strategy teams to have context for campaign data
- Oversee data quality and hygiene; identify gaps in data and ensure consistency and accuracy
- Oversee streamlining analytics processes; automate tasks identify ways to improve workflow
- Liaise with the Global Insights team to utilize in-game and back-end data for measurement
- Design and drive implementation of A/B testing with Blizzard creative, data and properties
- Create and deliver presentations of insights; shared with all levels of the organization
- Includes presentations to C-Suite and key business stakeholders
- Handle prioritization of various initiatives and be the point-person for insights into the data
- Oversee and facilitate weekly and end of campaign reporting for all campaigns with broader media team
- Develop talent within the organization, mentoring and leading a team of analysts
- Bachelor degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, or Economics.
- Graduate Degree a plus for consideration
- 5 years in analytics, preferably in marketing or media discipline
- Experience with the concepts outlined below:
- Marketing mix modeling
- Predictive modeling in regards to lifetime value, churn and player behavior
- Multivariate regression, clustering, classification models and ROI measurement
- Solid experience working in a corporate database environment; SQL skills and more
- Fluent and skilled with Tableau, Excel, Google Analytics and more
- Experience with Web Analytics, Mobile Attribution, and Media Ad Serving technologies
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to work extended hours when needed
- Previous media agency experience
- R, SAS, Python and other statistics/analytics toolsets
- Experience creating and presenting reports for executive-level consumption
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.