Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Manager, Medical Information- Solid Tumor Oncology located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Manager, Medical Information-Solid Tumor provides in-depth scientific knowledge expertise for handling of written or verbal responses to healthcare professionals requesting medical information by evaluating the scientific merits of published information and extracting pertinent data from the scientific literature.
• Gathers and maintains medical information for ready access in responding to inquiries (i.e., maintains appropriate knowledge-based related to assigned products).
• Applies scientific and therapeutic area knowledge to respond to escalated, non-standard, and after hours medical information inquiries.
• Primary responsibilities will include the following: searches, reviews, and summarizes available data in medical textbooks, files, published literature, and computerized databases to prepare/write original responses to medical information inquiries.
• Revises standard response letters in order to ensure responses reflect current available medical information; utilizes the appropriate information resources to respond to medical information inquiries; transcribes inquiry intake and response in the CRM system; recognizes, obtains pertinent data, and accurately reports any suspected adverse events or product quality complaints in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload independently and employ efficient time management strategies when performing medical information activities; determines priority of medical information requests and how such inquiries should be answered.
• Conducts analysis and coordinates response to evidence based systematic reviews; updates managed care formulary dossiers and reviews clinical slide presentations.
• Possesses the ability to recognize urgent inquiries; involved in clinical product training for sales representatives, the Medical Information call center, new hires and students/fellows.
• Participates in Copy Approval Committee and related activities for the purpose of ensuring medical accuracy and fair-balance of promotional materials.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. A PharmD or PhD degree is highly preferred.
• A post-doctoral residency or fellowship is preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years of drug information/medical information or comparable experience within the healthcare industry is required.
• Experience within Oncology therapeutic area is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Position may require up to 15 % travel, including overnight travel to attend Medical Conferences or company meetings, primarily domestic.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
• This position requires the ability to manage complexity and possess the ability to work independently.
• Ideal candidates will be results oriented, have excellent organizational skills, have the ability to partner with cross-functional teams, and mentor new employees.
• This position is located in Horsham, PA but will periodically require travel to other campuses (Titusville. NJ).
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.