In Distribution Centers where Span warrants, responsible for supporting the Distribution Center Merchandising Home Market teams to ensure that annual merchandising goals for customer service are met. Shares joint accountability for performance to plan with Distribution Center Management team on merchandising efficiencies, OPEX control and budgets. Serve as the Merchandiser SME representative for BU initiatives such as MerLOT implementation, etc. Supports Market Unit in merchandising career development initiatives (ie. Coordination and facilitation of basic sales, driver training and certification programs). Responsible for distribution center merchandising talent acquisition.
- Coordination with Central Planning/Dispatch organization to ensure service levels are maintained
- Collaborate with Distribution Center Merchandising Home Market teams to identify areas of opportunity for reducing merchandiser OPEX and maintaining/increasing customer service. Includes building/executing action plans that will allow the Distribution Center to capitalize on those opportunities including routing, staffing,6th days,OT,Merchandiser mileage reimbursement
- Audit the merchandiser management process in the Distribution Center to ensure that the daily/weekly process is conducive to adequately managing merchandiser OPEX: Consecutive days off for FT merchandisers, Reasonable work weeks, Communication process between Distribution Center Merchandiser Management and merchandisers that ensures that efficiency/OPEX goals are met.
- Assist Distribution Center Merchandising Supervisors in maximizing the flexing/manpower process.
- Facilitate monthly discussions with Distribution Center Management Teams to review prior month's merchandiser performance and current month prospects.
- Oversee the compliance and accountability of the established merchandising standards established by NABU
- Oversee reset activities for a geographic area; partnership with BU Reset directives
- Execute merchandising initiatives launched by the BU Merchandising Initiative Manager.
- Partner with market unit human resources to recruit and staff to appropriate distribution center merchandising levels.
- Represents the market unit at BU for MerLOT enhancements and utilization. Also is the market unit importer/exporter of merchandiser Best Practices.
- Partner with Talent Development to tailor and facilitate merchandiser learning programs (sales and driver training) to the market unit needs and execute existing programs.
- High School or G.E.D. required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education preferred.
- Three plus (3+) years experience in area of Logistics or Distribution Center Operations required.
- Distribution or Merchandiser management experience preferred.
- Four plus (4+) years of relevant or related industry experience preferred.
- Direct customer selling experience preferred.
- Environment in customer accounts, occasional hot/cold environments.
- Periodic bending, kneeling, pulling, and/or lifting of 50+ pounds and climbing required.
- This position requires >50% travel.
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.