POSITION PURPOSE -
The Manager, MET Programs will be responsible for managing programs and large scale, complex projects in support of the Merchandise Execution Teams (MET) strategic initiatives. These projects encompass developing business process initiatives that drive value to the Home Depot. The Manager, MET Programs will be responsible for the creation of business cases, process flows and project plans. Projects to be managed will include the creation of new business models and service offerings, market analysis, and business process validation. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to managing third party relationships, leading project teams, working with suppliers on new programs, assessing costs and benefits, creating project plans and event calendars, managing project risk factors, and identifying trends in business and the retail industry. A successful Manager, MET Programs will possess and demonstrate strong leadership, project and client management, and leadership skills.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- Benchmark key processes against other retailers and Merchandising Service Organizations.
- Manage third party relationships and introduction of new value added services.
- Provide overall management and support for multiple concurrent projects on time and on budget.
- Lead project risk definition and determine mitigation approaches.
- Monitor project activities for the occurrence of risk and take timely action to mitigate risk.
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Position reports to Sr. Manager, MET
- No direct reports
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 05
CERTIFICATES/LICENSES - The Manager will need to lead a project work team and third party service providers, may select team members and assess capabilities, provide information necessary to meet program objectives, and evaluate program performance.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS - Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- 5-8 years of work experience managing complex projects
- Experience with Assisted Selling and Demo programs
- Previous management of third party vendors
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong multi-program management skills with experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing multiple high visibility, large scale programs with suppliers from definition through implementation and deployment
- Must exhibit the ability to balance multiple initiatives in parallel and function in an autonomous manner in a rapidly changing environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Strong quantitative skills such as statistics, data analysis and modeling
- Results oriented, consistently delivers on commitments, takes initiative, has a bias towards action, takes responsibility, show individual accountability, has sense of urgency, makes timely decisions
- Ability to manage through influence/leverage partnerships
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Strong ability to identify/define problems and deal with the factors that contribute to or cause the problem, including the confidence to communicate difficult and unpopular issues to senior management and key stakeholders
- Must be an out of the box thinker, self-starter and quick learner
- Must be flexible and able to handle changes in priorities as well as process and strategy
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!