RN Manager for the Family Centered Couplet Care Unit
Medical City Dallas
The Manager for the Family Centered Couplet Care Unit accepts responsibility for all department functions in support of the mission, vision, values and facility goals. The manager is an RN and accepts responsibility for critical thinking decisions within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act. Accept responsibility for patient safety of the Postpartum and Newborn Nursery practice environments.
• Integrate the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice.
• Build on the ANA Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Practice .
• Serve as liaison to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others.
• Construct decisions to support the continuity of care and the coordination of care across the care settings.
• Recognize the role of the manager to maintain high quality age & developmental specific care for the infant to adult populations.
• Create Women's Health specific initiatives and process improvement.
• Integrate collaborative practice and working relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
• Accept responsibility for management of multiple levels of personnel (including supervisory positions), payroll, budget, capital, business plan, and physician relationships.
• Serve as liaison for hospital, community and other institutions.
• Organize / Supervise human and material resources.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, required
• Advanced degree, preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years management experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing, supervisory positions, and physician relations, preferred.
• Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
• Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom