General Statement of Duties :
Responsible for ensuring the integrity and timeliness of financial transactions for the Accounts Payable and Payroll functions. Essential Job Functions :
1. Responsible for processing accounts payable disbursements through various payment systems, credit card process, Accounting Southware and online. Responsible for ensuring payments are uploaded to bank into positive pay system to ensure clearance of payments.
2. Responsible for accounts payable processing and supervision to ensure vendors are paid accurately and timely and all transactions are recorded and classified in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Responsible for reconciliations related to A/P accounts and timely monthly closing of A/P system to the general ledger.
3. Responsible for the maintenance of the Accounting Software applications including the vendor master files and fixed asset transactions in Southware and other functions as deemed necessary.
4. Responsible for month end processing to include approving and preparing journal entries and performing financial analysis to accurately reflect the disbursement transactions.
5. Responsible for supporting and providing documentation for monthly variance analysis and for providing support to Controller on financial transactions.
6. Responsible for assisting in the preparation of the annual budget and for the preparation of annual audit work papersQualifications: Minimum Education and Experience :
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Experience in Payroll, Accounts Payable and General Ledger required, in a Healthcare setting preferred.
- Two years experience supervising accounting staff preferred.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills required.
- Excellent working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing applications required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom