Manager of Analytics - Retail Credit Analytics
Company: TD Bank
Location: Bridgeport, Connecticut
Posted: August 12, 2017
Reference ID: 1862137627
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description The Manager of Analytics is responsible for developing, coordinating, managing, and producing the analytical environment for TD Bank N.A. Retail Credit portfolios to achieve Financial (measurement, forecasts and business budgets) and Credit estimates that support portfolio and executive strategies and decisions. In accordance with the governing principles outlined in the TD Enterprise Risk Appetite Statement and the framework documented in the Retail Credit Risk Management Mandate, the Manager of Analytics is responsible to effectively manage, monitor and control risk of the retail lending segments within TD Bank. Job Requirements • Mentors and supervises retail credit risk analysts, provides leadership direction and answering questions as needed. Provides guidance and assists staff with most complex aspects of work as necessary.
• Resolves escalated issues and problems by conferring with senior management, staff in other internal departments, outside contacts and others as necessary.
• Oversees the retail credit portfolio analysis in support of financial, regulatory and risk management requirements.
• Performs a leadership role in managing the US Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) for the Retail Credit Portfolios.
• Participates in and supports several decision-making committees for the retail credit and portfolio management approaches.
• Exercises independent judgment by displaying and reaching conclusions on the most complex portfolio issues as well as assumes accountability for high quality recommendations regarding the credit portfolio.
• Quantifies and analyzes risk exposure characteristics for retail credit portfolios
• Researches, evaluates, develops, tests and applies quantitative models and methodologies for analyzing risk exposures and collection strategies.
• Performs independent analytical initiatives including portfolio modeling, Stress Testing and migration analysis. Works with TDBFG Analysts to determine and validate key Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD), and Exposure at Default (EAD) factors that are critical to internal Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss measures.
• Prepares and delivers management reporting necessary to ensure accurate and thorough measurement of risk factors present in retail credit products.
• Develops and documents systems/tools to automate calculations used in determining risk exposures.
• Researches and recommends standards for internal/external systems used to calculate and measure risk exposures.
• Recommends credit policy and underwriting standard modifications where warranted. Measures and monitors the organization's credit risk exposure and provides guidance in portfolio review and strategy.
• Establishes oversight of business lines compliance/risk controls and periodically evaluate risk mitigation efforts to make adjustments as risk/department influences change. Ensures TD Bank maintains successful audits and exams within all areas.
• Ensures effective compliance with all job-relevant State and Federal regulations, including, but not limited to Employee policies, procedures, CRA EEO/ AA, as well as with all job relevant Risk Management and Corporate standards.
• Manages complex analytical initiatives and interacts with TDBFG Analysts, Finance, Credit, and Retail Lending lines of businesses.
• Provides leadership, support, and guidance to Senior Management, Credit Analysts, Finance, Credit, Small Business, and Retail Lending Lines of Business. Qualifications • Bachelor's degree required; Graduate degree preferred
• 10+ Years of related experience, modeling experience required
• Significant experience required in Credit Risk Management and modeling disciplines
• Strong quantitative and statistical skills to determine sound, defensible approaches to forecasts and analyses
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in change management related to the adoption of new business processes
• Extensive experience in organizing and presenting credit portfolio results and allowance requirements to Senior Management Committees, External Analysts, Auditors, Regulators, and Board of Directors
• Industry analysis and presentation experience Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Connecticut City (Primary) Wilton ProvState 2 Massachusetts City(s) 2 Boston ProvState 3 New Jersey City(s) 3 Mount Laurel ProvState 4 North Carolina City(s) 4 Charlotte