Overview Who are we?
TEKsystems ® Inc. is a leading provider of strategic IT staffing and Global Services for 82% of the Fortune 500. Ranked #1 in the industry by IT Services Business Report since 2001. We are the nation's largest IT staffing firm. We leverage our core competencies to offer a wide array of IT services. As a division of our parent company, Allegis Group, TEKsystems ® has over 100 offices throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. A three billion dollar company, our best-in-class staffing and project delivery processes, coupled with the core values that guide our company culture, fuel our success. Scope of Position:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Operations Support(SMOS), the MOS will assist the SMOS with supporting the TEKsystems Backgrounds Team; in addition will manage the Backgrounds Team.
The MOS provides support in all areas of background investigations, including but not limited to, evaluating background checks to determine an individual's eligibility for assignment, compliance with our client's background check requirements, and maintaining strict adherence to Allegis Group's Policy and Procedures and is also empowered to influence changes to those policies and processes based on observations derived from trending analysis. Core skills for the position include: communication skills, the ability to analyze and diagnose complex situations/issues, the ability to produce clear and concise documentation, data trending analytics and risk analysis.
This individual will supervise a team of HR Backgrounds Analysts. and Backgrounds Contract Specialists and will work closely with the SMOS, Program Manager, TEKsystems field offices, corporate personnel, clients and vendors. Responsibilities Essential Functions:
Qualifications Additional Tasks
- Responsible for the day-to-day support, supervision, development, direction and accountability of Backgrounds Team.
- Manage the Backgrounds Analysts to ensure all background investigation results are reported out accurately and to determine applicants' eligibility for employment based on Allegis Group, Client, State and Federal law, EEOC guidance and Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") requirements.
- Manage the Backgrounds Contract Specialists to ensure timely creation of compliant background check packages within various background vendors based on client service agreements requirements.
- Educate and reinforce the company's background investigation policies and procedures to field office and corporate personnel. Propose continual improvements to processes and policies based on data trending.
- Other areas and ad hoc projects as assigned or determined.
- Conduct and lead weekly meetings with team. Facilitate resolution of escalated issues. Escalate to Senior Manager and/or Program Manager when appropriate.
- Draft communications from team to field offices, corporate personnel, clients, vendors, etc.
- Assume lead role for team reporting ensuring that all reports are delivered timely and accurately.
- Manage relationships with client required background vendors
- Assist in conducting daily tasks of the team as necessary.
Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
- BA/BS degree in HR, Business, Criminal Justice or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years management experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong initiative, willingness to make change and drive accountability and productivity.
- Strong communication skills and work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail, root cause analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Comfort working closely with Senior Leadership.
- Must be able to operate, at all times, with a functional awareness of all aspects of Company policy, the legal issues associated with drug and background checks for employment purposes, and the impact of the work on the business.
- Ability to evaluate and balance team and individual workload through effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Ability to coach, train, and develop team members.
- Ability to assess team performance and identify areas of improvement for the team and its members.
- Ability to effectively work in a team oriented environment that is open, honest, and competitive.