Memorial Hospital of Tampa is a 183 bed facility located in the heart of South Tampa. South Tampa is considered by many Tampa residents to be the affluent and hip epicenter of Tampa. The neighborhoods of SoHo, Hyde Park, Bayshore, Davis Island, Palma Ceia, make up the South Tampa area. Memorial Hospital is comfortably located in this area of the city and boasts a friendly small community hospital feel backed by HCA career growth opportunities, generous salary and benefits and the resources needed to offer the best care to our patients by supporting our nursing staff. Memorial Hospital of Tampa has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa and the surrounding community for over 30 years. Recent renovations and the addition of state-of-the-art technology has kept the hospital modernized to provide high-quality medical care, including emergency medicine, diagnostic procedures, surgery, outpatient therapies and acute care for hospitalized patients. With a high caliber medical staff and a team of caring, skilled employees, it's no wonder Memorial Hospital has a long-standing reputation for excellence.
The Nurse Manager of Behavioral Health provides leadership and directs functions of assigned patient care area on a 24 hour basis; ensure effective delivery of clinical patient care and compliance with administrative and clinical policies and procedures.
Role Accountabilities Include:
- Directs the continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Collaborates and shares pertinent patient information with physicians, patients, and other members of the healthcare team regarding patient progress, and treatment.
- Develops and implements ongoing programs to measure, monitor, assesses and to improve quality of nursing care delivered to patients. Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting core measure, patient safety, and service excellence goals in assigned units.
- Ensures the effective coordination of the patient's care with other services and departments throughout the hospital.
- Ensures provision of quality care and services by maintaining appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
- Fosters a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
Previous inpatient behavioral health experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred
Current Florida State Registered Nurse
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom