The Business Development Manager for American Express Meetings & Events is responsible for the successful pursuit, engagement and sale of event management services. The target selling audience includes Director/VP level clients, as well as client Procurement teams, Event Managers and Meeting Professionals.
The Business Development Manager will utilize strong collaborative, relationship building and influencing skills to successfully engage prospects as well as leverage the channel resources of multiple American Express internal entities, such as the Client Management and Sales teams within our Global Business Travel and Corporate Payments divisions. The Candidate will utilize a strong contact network and demonstrate strong hunting and networking sales skills.
The Business Development Manager will be expected to successfully:
- Identify, manage and drive prospects through the selling lifecycle
- Assess client-specific needs and develop a client-specific strategy and pricing
- Present a customized value proposition to client executive-level staff and to multiple stakeholders
- Close profitable sales
- Drive and safeguard quality-certified implementations of new clients
- Manage prospect relationship data in Salesforce system
- Actively contribute to value proposition development by benchmarking and best practice sharing
- Work collaboratively with operations on proposals and proposed event deliverables
Demonstrated success in the following competencies is essential to success:
Strong consultative, collaborative skills
- Strategic selling and closing skills within the Meetings industry
- Proven ability to drive sales results
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and guide prospects/clients on how to best build a strategic meetings program for their organization
- Consultative communication skills, including presentation, sales and negotiation in a business to business environment
- Ability to grow internal and external relationships by providing insight and advice to enhance meetings and event solutions value and profitability
- Strong financial acumen
- Very good knowledge and network within the local Meetings & Events industry
- Experience of minimum 10 years in Meetings industry
- Extensive experience in event management sales and/or business development
This position can be based anywhere within the U.S. and will require 30%+ travel predominately throughout North America and will be home office based.
United States>New York>Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .