Brandon Regional Hospital is committed to providing our patients and their families with compassionate care. For more than 30 years our busy, 407-bed acute care facility has been dedicated to quality and devoted to our community. We have been named a Top 100 Hospital in America five times, and our Intensive Care Unit has been named a Top 100 ICU. Families trust us to meet their needs, knowing that they have access to our Centers of Excellence including, Chest Pain Center, Heart & Vascular Institute, Spine Care Center, Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Cancer Care, and our Women's & Children's Center.
The Manager of Case Management assists in the planning, monitoring, and delivery of Case Management and CRM goals.
- Assists Director of Case Management in demonstrating twenty four hour responsibility and accountability in ensuring case management process is initiated effectively across the organization, and patients receive the appropriate level of care across the continuum.
- Works collaboratively with Director of Case Management to ensure provision of quality services by maintaining appropriate resources, staffing levels, competency of staff, maintenance/and performance of equipment, physical space, and training and education of staff.
- Assists Director of Case Management in delivery of high quality services and contributes to continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Works collaboratively with internal and external resources and agencies, physicians and all members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting stakeholder needs and organizational goals.
- Coordinates assessment of appropriate utilization of services; ensuring intervention as needed. Analyzes utilization data, identifying patterns and trends, and ensuring information flows to appropriate committees.
- Ensures patient case management plans are developed, implemented and evaluated in a timely manner in collaboration with attending physicians.
- Shares pertinent patient information with physicians, and other members of the interdisciplinary team regarding patient progress, treatment, and discharge planning as appropriate.
- Fosters a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
Completion of RN Diploma program or related health care program
Three to five years previous Case Management experience; Two years of which were in a supervisory or management role
Current Florida State Registered Nurse license