The Global Business Consulting (GBC) team is a core part of Global Business Travel (GBT). The division is responsible for leading and expanding our T&E Consulting business across GBT. GBC brings the talent, tools and management consulting acumen needed to manage our clients' T&E spend and maximize their return on their investments in employee travel and other areas of indirect spend. We provide business intelligence, strategic sourcing, program optimization consulting services to help our clients better manage their spend and control their costs. Our specialized expertise includes: Air, Hotel, and Car Sourcing and Negotiations; T&E Policy, Program Optimization, Change Management (in the context of working with the client organization to manage suppliers and internal traveler demand) and Compliance, Business Travel Outsourcing, and Travel Category Management. The team consists of Consultants from a wide variety of backgrounds - from the airline and hotel industries, general management consulting, IT consulting and general management. Our business has grown rapidly in recent years to maturation of market demand and investments in the business.
The consulting manager, who will work for the client in Marlborough, MA., will be responsible for developing and optimizing the cost reduction initiatives in the area of Travel & Entertainment. She/he will work directly with the client, key client stakeholders, AmEx GBT's dedicated client manager, operations team, GBC sourcing managers, and with support of GBC's program optimization and change management practice line. The consulting manager will oversee a dedicated MI analyst providing reporting and analytical support.
The consulting manager will have centralized accountable in the following areas:
- Assessing program performance results and trends, benchmarking, and senior leadership presentations that tell the story on impacts and actions in support of the client's savings objectives.
- Analyzing, developing, planning, communicating, and implementing savings initiatives across the client's business divisions.
- Review of findings and trends, secure client stakeholder buy in, and work with the appropriate client stakeholder teams to implement changes. Findings and trends would be tailored accordingly to select audiences - workshops, controller meetings, senior executive forums.
- Reporting deliverables will include KPI scorecards, benchmarking, POS reporting on optimization and savings opportunities.
- Identification and implementation of savings opportunities areas including lowest logical airfare, internal vs. external travel, hotel location compliance, and internal campaigns and shift activities to optimize air, hotel, and car deals
Skill sets required: Strong communications capabilities, translation of findings into solid business plans and presentations, benchmarking, and data analyses, as well as identification of trends and anomalies. Project management methodologies would be applied to all initiatives
The consulting manager is expected to exhibit skills in the following areas:
- Engagement Execution: Effectively execute multi-workstream projects, prioritizing client requests and work objectives leveraging appropriate project management methodologies and tools such as project plans and issue logs.
- Technical skills- Data manipulation. Manipulate large sets of data leveraging software skills for the following applications: MS Excel, MS Access, Tableau
- Problem Solving & Analysis: Develops hypotheses and identifies data to evaluate based on client needs. Reviews and validates analyses, develops options/alternatives and creates insightful recommendations in context of total engagement.
- Strong innovative mindset
- Communication: Exceptional interpersonal skills, listening ability and written presentation skills. Ability to deal with ambiguity and present/discuss work results in a compelling manner. Distills complex subject matter into key messages for team members and client stakeholders
- Relationship Management: Understands client organization and dynamics. Builds strong working relationships with all key stakeholders. Leverages American Express Global Business Travel and available industry tools and solutions to develop best-in-class deliverables and best practices.
- Leadership and coaching: Can coach analyst on subject matter and industry knowledge. Contributes to knowledge creation and dissemination.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Close location to Marlborough, MA strongly perferred
- Relevant air industry or functional expertise, such as procurement, strategic sourcing, revenue management, strategic planning, management consulting
- Knowledge of strategy, financial/business operations, cost management preferred
- Strong analytical and technical skills (data manipulation); ability to analyze complex data sets, evaluate alternatives and develop insights and recommended client solutions
- Strong communication skills that should include internal and external presentation development and delivery
- Strong client service orientation
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels within a team or client organization
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA strongly preferred
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .