Eastside Medical Center has been a healthcare leader for more than 37 years providing quality care to patients in Gwinnett and surrounding counties. Eastside is a 310-bed, multi-campus system of care offering comprehensive medical and surgical programs including cardiovascular, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, rehabilitation, maternity with neonatal intensive care, behavioral health, bariatric, and 24-hour emergency care.
Our medical staff of 500 board certified physicians, 1,200 employees and 400 volunteers is committed to providing our community a healthcare system of excellence. Eastside has earned full Chest Pain Center Accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, The Joint Commission's "Gold Seal of Approval" for quality and safety in disease-specific joint replacement care, the Blue Distinction Centers Program for Spine Surgery and Gold Plus status for stroke care, and the Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for superior performance in patient safety. The Breast Imaging and Diagnostic Center is designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the FDA.
We are looking for a Manager of the CDU to join our leadership team... Position Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
• Promotes customer service initiatives along with Eastside Medical Center Service Values.
• Documents patient care appropriately.
• Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
• Promotes compliance with National Patient Safety Goals.
• Assumes responsibility for management of unit (24hrs/day).
• Assumes responsibility for employee, physician and patient satisfaction.
• Responsible for quality of care delivered within department.
• Provides leadership, coaching and counseling to department employees.
• Collaborates with other disciplines and departments to improve patient care delivery.
• Identifies and refers issues to administrative officer as appropriate.
• Functions as clinical resource for staff.
• Functions as liaison to patients, families, staff and physicians.
• Assists with development/revision of policies and procedures.
• Completes departmental competencies.
• Responsible for departmental schedule.
• Coordinates internal/external staff education.
• Assists with evaluations and monitors certifications.
• Organizes new and/or transfer employee orientation.
• Assists with daily operations, including staffing, scheduling, and productivity management.
• Serves as a backup for the Administrative Director during his/her absence.
• Maintains compliance with TJC, HCA Quality Management, OSHA, CMS and all other appropriate standards or agencies.
• Serves as a task force leader for project implementation for key initiatives and programs.
• Monitors and analyzes current activities to determine business development value.
• Coordinates with Administrative Director and CNO service initiatives to create awareness of new programs and services.
• Sets example with staff for proper use of sick time, leave time and taking corrective action to prevent recurring absences.
• Performs and completes assignments while providing consistent quantity and quality of work and helps set an example for staff.
• Attends seminars / workshops related to role in and out of the hospital when given the opportunity.
• Actively attends in-services and educational programs.
• Maintains current BLS certification and ACLS as required.
• Any other duties as assigned.
As an employee of Eastside, you're entitled to a variety of valuable benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage tailored to your needs. Below is a taste of just some of the extras that come with employment at Eastside Medical Center. Complete benefits information for current and prospective employees can be found at hcarewards.com .
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional certification bonus
- Competitive retirement plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Auto and Homeowners Discount Programs
- Completion of accredited nursing program
- Current Georgia RN license
- BSN - required
- Minimum of five (5) years clinical experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years nursing management experience
- Certification in Nursing Leadership preferred
- BLS - American Heart Association - required
- ACLS required upon hire
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom