Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
The location for this role is New York, but Charlotte and Waltham MA may also be considered. This individual will team with the Director of International Tax in providing advice to our Business Partners regarding international expansion initiatives as well as oversight and guidance regarding the preparation of our financial reporting, tax compliance and tax transparency initiatives involving international tax data. The ideal candidate will also be able to assist with domestic corporate tax research and planning projects as necessary.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Assist with domestic and cross border acquisitions, divestures and restructurings and manage US and foreign tax positions such that TIAA achieves an optimal overall tax posture.
• Assist in monitoring tax legislative changes in all jurisdictions in which TIAA operates in order to provide guidance of potential tax implications to internal business partners
• Assist with the implementation of the numerous BEPs initiatives, including Country by Country Reporting, local file and master file compliance
• Assist in resolution of foreign tax provision issues and provide oversight and guidance to our foreign affiliates, as necessary.
• Conduct tax research regarding the application of tax treaties, subpart F rules, PFIC rules, PE rules and other international or corporate tax issues
• Assist with domestic tax planning, research and maintenance of appropriate research standards for the Corporate Tax Department
• Excellent tax research skill and solid U.S international and corporate tax knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is highly preferred
• 6-10+ years of experience in an international tax role with a focus in international taxation required
• Public accounting experience is highly preferred
• Excellent research, documentation and communication skills
• Either JD, LLM or CPA required with Masters in Taxes highly desired for CPA candidates
• M&A experience
• Hands-on knowledge of local tax rules in EU countries.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.