Manager of Labor and Delivery Medical City Dallas
The Department Manager is responsible for all departmental functions in support of the hospital mission, vision and facility goals. The manager identifies the cost effective systems needed to support the business of the department taking into account business trends, resource availability and changes in customers. This position establishes effective working relationships with all constituencies, including patients, physicians, employees, volunteers and vendors. Is responsible for fiscal and human resource allocation based on guidelines. Develops plan of care for service based upon RN assessment/ re-assessment. Is responsible for maintaining all requirements needed to function as a staff nurse in Labor and Delivery as well as Antepartum in order to perform theseduties in times of high census and or minimal staffing.Qualifications: Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- If hired after 6/1/12, BSN required within 24 months of hire into RN position.
- Advanced degree preferred
- Five years of management experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing, physician relations and management of supervisory positions preferred.
- Labor and Delivery and Antepartum experience required.
- Must be competent in L&D and Antepartum clinical practice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider
- NRP required within 3 months of hire
- Effective December 1, 2014 Introduction to Fetal Heart Monitoring must be completed within 30 days of hire.
- Must successfully complete AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Heart Monitoring
- Course within 1 year of hire or provide documentation of completion of the
- AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course
- Demonstrated ability to learn diverse bodies of knowledge relating to department management.
- Must have experience in Labor and Delivery and Antepartum services in order to have organization value.
- Organizational and time management skills required.
- Demonstrate ability to assist with care of women of childbearing age and the newborn up to four (4) hours of age.
- Support family centered maternity care
- Independent employee self-starter
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom