The Manager, Meetings & Events Marketing
, is responsible for developing and executing marketing campaigns for American Express Meetings & Events. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring developing marketing and sales support plans plans and ensuring timely execution of tactics to assist in building the pipeline and driving growth for the Meetings & Events offering. This individual will own primary responsibility for lead generation / acquisition activity for the Meetings & Events offering on a global basis.
Working with sales leadership, this person will assist with the development and management of multi-faceted lead generation programs for both products and within markets. They will identify, screen and recommend list sources, develop campaign approaches, create monthly reporting by campaign, and evaluate results making recommendations for program improvements.
In addition to acquisition marketing, this role will also manage the online presence for Meetings & Events and Global Business Consulting within the overarching Global Business Travel website, and will support the marketing needs associated with new solutions and partnerships for Meetings & Events.
As a trusted advisor to the leadership across several functional areas including sales teams and regional leadership, this individual should develop a deep understanding of the business including the messaging platform and value proposition, key priorities, revenue drivers, solutions & services, promotional activities and the like to enable informed recommendations.
The right candidate for this position is an experienced multi-disciplinary marketer who is analytical, strategic, and creative, with at least 3 years of experience developing and executing multi-faceted lead management programs including digital, direct mail and email. They must be innovative and have the ability to work effectively cross-functionally, across alliance partners, globally, and within the industry. Experience with the Eloqua marketing platform and salesforce.com is a plus.
- Proven experience in developing, launching, managing and improving lead generation programs for B2B audiences
- Ability to work effectively across global teams
- Ability to independently manage projects from conception to completion
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external partners and to influence and collaborate at senior levels
- Proven ability to build relationships, influence decisions and get things done
- Attention to detail, a positive roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and the desire to innovate and excel in an evolving industry
- Experience of managing contractors and suppliers (creative firms, web firms, direct marketing resources)
- Ability to handle a significant workload and work to tight timelines and budgets
- Strong communications skills to include writing communications, presentations, website/brochure content as well as evaluate design
- Located in the US
This position reports to the Director Global Marketing, Meetings & Events. Location
United States>New Jersey>Jersey City
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .