Manager of Med/Surg
In accordance with nursing standards, JCAHO, Medicare, and all other applicable federal, state, and local guidelines and regulations, the Manager has the responsibility to plan, organize by setting goals and objectives, and direct all unit activities by assuming responsibility for the nursing care given on the designated patient care unit. In addition, the Manager evaluates the effectiveness of the staff and unit performance and coordinates the unit activities with other departments. Accountability for the specific operational and personnel activities is assumed.
The North Hills Hospital staff member can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric, and pediatric patients through adolescence.
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region's largest, most comprehensive healthcare providers. As an integral part of a larger, Fortune 100 company ( Hospital Corporation of America/HCA ), we are America's top-performing healthcare system, leading every other hospital company in core patient measures of quality and value. We achieved these measures in part by hiring the best and brightest people and providing them with clinical variety, educational resources, the latest tools and technology and a collaborative culture that helps them succeed. Medical City Healthcare is one of the largest, most comprehensive healthcare providers in North Texas, consisting of 14 DFW hospitals, seven off-campus hospital ERs and six children's urgent care centers.Qualifications:
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years acute care nursing experience one of which is in the related clinical area.
- Prior experience in nursing leadership preferred.
- Texan State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required 30 days after hire.
- Current CPR.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions and prioritize responsibilities when circumstances warrant such action.
- Clinically proficient in nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the development needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Demonstrate leadership ability, applying critical thinking skills for process improvements.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, families, physicians, and other employees.
- Accountability to all customer satisfaction scores, including patient, physician, and employee surveys.
- Ability to effectively transform one's professional identity from clinical to a supervisory role.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom