At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
Summary of Duties:
- Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
- Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
- Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
- 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures
The Manager of Network Engineering provides technical and managerial leadership in the design, planning, operation, maintenance, and advanced troubleshooting of the HCA network and security infrastructure. This position ensures continuity and alignment of the division's network and security administration/engineering direction and plans with HCA's corporate IT&S strategies, division IT&S strategic plans, and facility needs, and participates in architecting the division's network and security infrastructure and in the development of guidelines, procedures, and standards.
The Manager of Network Engineering requires subject matter knowledge across network and security-based technologies, services, and components. This position must stay abreast of latest technology developments to ensure service levels proactively meet or exceed corporate and division requirements and service level agreements with key stakeholders and vendors.
Director, Technical Services
Division Consulting Network Engineer, Division Senior Network Engineer, Division Network Engineer, and potentially other resources as deemed necessary by Supervisor.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Responsible for technical and managerial leadership in establishing goals and priorities, design, planning, day-to-day operation, maintenance, and advanced troubleshooting of the network and security infrastructure.
- Meets with corporate, division, and facility-level leadership teams, as needed to align strategy, services, and coordinate any required implementation activities.
- Trains, supervises, manages, and develops staff.
- Responsible for personnel management, conducts performance reviews, competency development, and coaches staff.
- Builds and maintains relationships with business operations, IT&S leaders, and vendors.
- Participates in resource planning and allocates resources to meet goals of the functional area, IT&S goals and business priorities.
- Organizes, plans, assigns, and monitors completion of work.
- Ensures all systems adhere to established HCA policies, procedures, and standards.
- Establishes and manages internal service level agreements and ensures external service level agreements with vendors are met.
- Assists the director in the development of the budget and develops project cost estimates for division and/or facilities.
- Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvement within the area and across organizational boundaries.
- Interfaces with outside organizations and special interest groups.
- Implements, monitors, and supports network and security environment for all centralized division and facility equipment.
- Provides operational application transport support.
- Ensures that service resources are assigned for the timely resolution of problems related to circuits, switches, and overall network performance.
- Supports the ongoing maintenance of network and security devices by ensuring (1) up-to-date software releases, (2) maintenance of configurations, (3) maintenance of DR plan and testing.
- Maintains and supports division and facility level server and storage area network environments.
- Provides 24x7 on-call support in troubleshooting, coordinating, escalating to ensure the recovery of failed components or equipment.
- Develops and maintains procedures for equipment installation and configuration support.
- Provides innovative ideas and approaches that improve availability of HCA systems.
- Coordinates the sharing of best practice models, and policies & procedures related to server administration.
- Participates in activities to improve departmental and organizational performance.
- Works closely with RDC staff to support division systems or equipment physically located at the RDC.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with outside vendors of IT&S products, professional organizations, contract employees, co-ops, external auditors, and consultants.
- Participates in the development of corporate and division-level standards, policies, and procedures; ensures support of standards, policies, and procedures at the division level.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a strong knowledge of supported network and security systems, application transport, and hardware configuration.
- Strength in statistical or analytical tools for network and security systems monitoring.
- Knowledge of technology, networks, and data architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify needs, manage resources, and multi-task.
- Require advanced reasoning, math, and language skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated customer orientation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Advanced reasoning, math, and language competencies.
- Continuing education in area of specialization; appropriate certifications based on area of specialization.
- 5-7 years of experience in area of specialization, with at least 5 years' experience as a network engineer on an Enterprise Class Network.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technologies
- The ability to manage and oversee large projects based on project management experience and competencies
- Experience in large, complex organization or corporate structured environment
- Demonstrated strength in team leadership and direct supervision
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated experience creating and leading communications with direct reports, senior leaders, business partners, vendors to ensure collaboration, efficiency, and service excellence
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Competency in basic PC use and required tools
- Advanced training and/or Cisco certifications are a plus.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom