Manager of Network Operations
Posted: November 17, 2016
Reference ID: 160019M0
Oracle Cloud for Industry (OCI) is a specialized business unit focused solely on providing hosted SaaS and Cloud solutions aimed at adding value to our organizations Global Business Units (The GBUs). The OCI's charter is to provide a SaaS and Cloud-based infrastructure optimized to support our organization's developed SaaS and Cloud-based applications.
This position will be the leader of the Network Operations team within the Oracle Cloud for Industry Networking department and report to the Sr. Manager of Network Operations. This Manager role is responsible for leading a team of engineers that handles the provisioning of standard service requests, triage/response to network related incidents/problems, and implementation of complex changes in the Oracle Cloud for Industry data center networks. These environments consist primarily of Cisco Nexus routers and switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, and F5 load balancers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead a global team of Tier2 and Tier3 network engineers responsible for the maintenance of Oracle Cloud for Industry data center networks around the world.
- Develop and maintain incident and problem management processes
- Manage the day to day tasks of running the OCI Network Support department
- Implement and troubleshoot F5 server load balancing
- Troubleshoot network communication problems as they relate to routing and switching
- Correlate detected network events to identify potential problems or root causes
- Assist application and system owners in troubleshooting problematic network dependent applications
- Serve as a functional escalation point for Network Engineers
- Participate in projects that involve existing network infrastructure as required
- Participate in a formal incident rapid response process for high priority incidents
- Collaborate with the team to insure that an incident's underlying problems are managed and resolved
- Implement network change in the context of incident resolution, problem management and service requests
- Be aware of and follow existing network management change procedures
- Work outside of normal business hours when required (scheduled maintenance, outage response, last minute urgent requests)
- Assist with network documentation tasks
• 8 years of hands-on experience in managing network infrastructure in a large enterprise or service provider environment.
• Experience with designing, implementing, and supporting large-scale networks, network routing, switches, and internet-related networking and security technologies. Experience provisioning single and multi-tenant cloud environments.
• Strong team leadership while developing and managing business processes and workflow, standardizing documentation, and improving project reporting.
• May be required to be "hands on" in the configuration, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment of equipment.
• 6 years of progressive experience in networking and network security, Including firewalls, VPN's, enterprise routing and L3-7 switching
• 3 years experience configuring and maintaining load balancers, preferably F5
• 3 years in enterprise network operations
• 2 years in firewall technologies, preferably Cisco ASA
• 2 years in MPLS network design
• 2 years in BGP and OSPF
• 2 years working with Cisco switches, preferably Nexus
• Expert level network documentation skills including master skills with MS Visio
Strong oral and written skills
Work with a world class team to develop, implement, and support cutting edge Oracle technology.
Manages a team maintaining and/or implementing software project(s) and/or internal systems. Defines, documents and manages scope, expectations, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership skills. Detailed knowledge of several applications within a business area needed. BA/BS degree and relevant experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.