What you’ll be doing...
Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touch point.
The Manager of Pre-media Operations, reporting into the Director of Integrated Production, provides management of daily operations for the Verizon in-house agency pre-media department. This business critical role designs and implements the post production process and work flow for the studio and pre-media team. This lead role, working alongside the Sr Manager of Print Production, will manage all the pre-press needs of the studio and will determine how best to utilize other team members or to utilize freelance talent. The Manger of Pre-media Operations will also work closely with the Sr Managers and Directors in the production, creative, marketing, design and retail teams to ensure creative consistency and production efficiency throughout Verizon’s entire brand.
What we’re looking for...
- Develops and implements best practice for the studio and pre-media team.
- Manages the studio pre-media workflow through studio.
- Creates and maintains new studio and pre-media guidelines for the agency.
- Manages the studio’s Xinet, server, implementation and administration.
- Creates workflow and triggers and actions.
- Manages Xinet’s DAM solution workflow and metadata implementation.
- Manages prepress team and QC team for all studio files, outputs of CMYK proofs, black and white & color lasers for print production review.
- Liases directly with external partners, partner agencies and production vendors when creating files.
- Reviews all work from pre-media team for errors/omissions.
- Responsible for calibrating production/pre-press related computer equipment daily, including but not limited to scanning equipment, output devices, servers, software and all related hardware.
- Works with the Senior Manager of Studio to develop color calibration techniques and creates ICC color profiles that produce consistent color output from scanner to monitor to output devices.
- Works to minimize waste, improve efficiencies and track cost savings.
- Manages additional freelance staff working on overflow projects.
- Advises creative on best way to execute approved concepts via illustration, scanning, retouching and pre-press techniques.
- Technical expert and advisor to studio staff.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ten plus years of experience of professional-level studio production and pre-press within an agency, design studio or equivalent.
- Experience managing a small team of technicians is a plus.
- Expertise of design techniques, skills, tools and procedures for the applicable media.
- Expert user of Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat. Adobe certification a plus.
- Expert user of Xinet and able to administer the software program.
- Deep understanding of printing techniques, processes, pre-press and online image preparation best practices.
- Comfortable in a fast-past environment while managing urgent deadlines, shifting priorities, organizing and reporting a variety of production details.
- Proven experience working and leading within a team environment and confident interacting with Senior Leaders.
- States opinions clearly and can verbally describe visual concepts.
- Possesses a keen eye to detail and is prideful and diligent in the final preparation of work including production, presentation details and ultimately the final QC.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.