- Austin, TX is the State Capital and one of the finest metropolitan cities in the world.
- Live downtown or in any of the affluent Austin suburbs.
- Enjoy all the exceptional amenities, music, festivals, dining and entertainment available.
- Outstanding education, excellent real estate options and exceptional quality of life!
- Relocation Reimbursement package available with this position!
Lead and manage the safety/Emergency Preparedness program to provide an exceptional program that will maintain highest level of safety security for our patients, visitors, and staff and keep them safe throughout our campus, facilities, and off site services.
- Will be a member of the EC/Safety Committee
- Will be a member of the Employee Safety and Security Committee
- Will be a member of the Emergency Preparedness Committee
- Will be a member of CATRAC and associated committee as applicable
Qualifications: LEVEL OF FORMAL EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Monitors and recommends revisions of EC, EM and LS policies as needed
- Trains facility personnel following EC, EM and LS policies
- Communicates to facility personnel regarding policies and procedures
- Initiates and monitors investigations related to safety and emergency preparedness items Reports all activities and incidents monthly to the Director of Facilities Management
- Specific incidents shall be reported as soon as possible to the Director of Facilities Management
- Trends and statistics shall be reported monthly to the Director of Facilities Management
- Items not meeting PI standards shall be reported monthly to the Director of Facilities Management. A plan of action shall be submitted along with the report.
- Assists department directors and administrators in enforcing safety and emergency preparedness regulations and codes
- Acts as liaison with CATRAC and internal departments
- Responsible for Safety and Emergency preparedness for all offsite facilities and properties
- Keeps current on specific information and regulations concerning Environment of Care, Emergency Preparedness, Fire and Life Safety and Hazardous materials and waste
- Must adhere to the company's affirmative action and equal employment opportunity in regards to all employment decisions. All decisions regarding employment should be made without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, disability or veteran status
- Conduct must reflect the company's values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct and Ethics and Compliance program
- Meets Director of Facilities assigned deadlines on time
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned
High School Diploma or Equivalent is preferred LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
CHSP or CHFM is preferred EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
: At least three years of multi-disciplinary experience in a large commercial or health care facility. Previous supervisor experience is preferred.
- Healthcare experience required
- Must be familiar with Healthcare codes, NFPA 101 Life Safety code, NFPA 99,
- Must be familiar with TJC - The Joint Commission codes and standards
- Familiar with CMS guidelines
- Life Safety code policies and procedures
- Emergency Preparedness policies and procedures - TJC and CMS
- Emergency Preparedness regulations and State guidelines
- Familiar with Hospital Environment of Care guidelines and committees
- Current knowledge of regulations concerning Healthcare policies regarding Environment of Care, Safety, Fire/ Life Safety and Emergency Preparedness
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom