Manager of Software Engineering (Santa Barbara)
Our client is a leading developer and marketer of enterprise software, services and solutions to the hospitality and retail industries. This company has over 3,000 customers including some of the world's most recognizable resort, casino and cruise line brands. The company specializes in market-leading point-of-sale, property management, inventory and procurement, and mobile and wireless solutions that are designed to streamline operations, improve efficiency and enhance the guest experience. Our client serves casinos, resorts, hotels, foodservice venues, stadiums, cruise lines, grocery stores, convenience stores, general and specialty retail businesses and partners.
Our client is looking for an experienced Manager of Software Engineering to join our team responsible for delivering of our flagship Point of Sale product, which is sold to our customers both as service (SaaS) as well as on-premise software. This position will be leading a cross-functional team located in our Santa Barbara, CA office creating new feature functionality and evolving this industry-leading Microsoft stack product towards our new corporate web-services-based platform technology incorporating Java / Linux. This individual will be part of the team transforming our POS products to be part of our next generation rGuest platform.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative, self-motivated and hands-on leader, shaping the technical vision, direction and implementation of our products. The candidate thrives in an agile development model and emphasizes quality in their products.
* Work closely with Program Management, Test and Engineering staff in the definition and execution of product features.
* Assist Program Management in the tracking and reporting of key project metrics.
* Collaborate with other product teams to enable rich integrations of their solutions.
* Participate in and own delivering high quality software with customer focused features.
* Own and review component level designs.
* Ensure Agile software engineering best practices are utilized and continuously enhanced.
* Ensure appropriate unit test coverage for product source.
* Implement and execute processes for quality software engineering.
* Will directly manage other Engineers on the team, as well as contract resources.
* Responsible for successful project execution.
* As a key product stakeholder, be willing to do whatever is required to help out the team.
* At least 7 years of experience in commercial software development, ideally enterprise software.
* 3+ years of experience with object oriented programming - Java, C#, C++, Python, Perl.
* 3+ years of delivering software as a service.
* 3+ years of commercial enterprise software development, design and architecture.
* 2+ years of Engineering personnel management experience.
* Proven track record of successfully shipping multiple commercial software products and services to market.
* Have worked in an agile environment, preferably SCRUM, and have defined and/or iteratively improved on the process for your teams.
* Experience in offshore and onshore co-ordination in a distributed environment.
* Experience shipping software in globalized and localized environments.
* Proven experience in performance, scale, and security of mission critical software products.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, collaboration, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Be available to travel up to 10% of the calendar year.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.