Manager of Software Engineering
Capital One Bankis actively seeking highlycreativeand intellectually curious Engineering Managers who arepassionate aboutcoding andcoachingto joinour team!This is an opportunity to display knowledge of yourcraftby having a handinshapingthebuildingof large scale, reliable applications that impact the wayCapital One Bankdoes business.
You will participate in detailed technical design reviews, facilitate development and implementation of applications forCapital One Bankusing existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment,you will beresponsible for ensuring quality standards are established and met, attending daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and assistinshapingtheteam vision and direction. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members (includingProduct Owners) on thecapabilities and constraints of technologies.
You will bean integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, andcreatingexperiences to delight millions of customers! Who are you? You're the new Software Engineering Delivery Lead joining us atCapital One Banktomanagean Agile Java Development Technology team.You've written and/or released lots of software, shipped products andcontributedto platforms,tools, andmodules. Having worked with several frameworks, designs and scaling models you understand the challenges involved withbuildingbig, distributed systems used by thousands of peopleevery day- and relish them.You lovetolearn new thingsand to grow.
- Hire, coach, and develop software engineering team-members (with the active involvement and input of the existing team-members)
-Be a part ofpeer and code reviews
- Hands on coding and pairing to provide input on roadblocks,tools, andat times actual feature delivery
- Responsible for the consum-ability of software delivered to customers
- Facilitate conversations with the team to ensure alignment with guardrails
- Partner with their peers on the Business side (e.g.Product Owners) on theproduct strategy and vision
- Stay up to date on technologies, techniques, and industry trends
- Providementorship,career development, performance feedback and complete performance evaluations for team-members
- Helpdeterminehow best technology can be applied to meet the customers needs
- Serve as a primary contact to coordinate development support for off hours troubleshooting efforts
- Ensure that the customer's voiceis heardin all product and engineering processes
- At least 2years of experiencemanagingsoftware engineers
- At least 3 years of experiencewithagile development methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 8+years of experiencein leadingsoftware-orientedprojects from inception to delivery
-2+ years ofcloud experience
- 2+ year of AWS APIs and services experience
-2+ years ofSQL database experience or2+ years of NoSQL database
- 5years of experiencewithObject Oriented Programming
-5years of experiencewithJava Development and REST APIs
- 5years of experiencewithService Oriented Architectures
-5years of experiencewithopen source technologies
-5years of experiencewithobject-oriented design
-5years of experiencewithtest automation tools and ATDD
-5years of experiencewithlarge-scale distributed systems
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.