Manager of Software Engineering-Java
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Software Engineers who are passionate about coding to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large scale reliable applications to impact the way that Capital One does business.
You'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge Open Source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big & Fast Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies which may include: node.js, Java, JQuery, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Chef, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, iOS, Android, and AWS. We have various openings that require a broad range of technical skills and experience. Our recruiting process will match you to the right role and level.
What we have:
* At least 1 year of Agile experience
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.