Manager of Strategic Sourcing - Vision Care
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posted: November 04, 2016
Reference ID: 8030161006-en-us
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Manager of Strategic Sourcing – Vision Care located in Jacksonville, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Manager of Strategic Sourcing – Vision Care will lead the category strategy development and execution, supplier management and risk mitigation for J&J Vision Care (JJVC) Direct Materials within the Consumer Medical Device Source Team. He/She will report to the Director of Strategic Sourcing - Vision Care and assist in development and execution of the Vision Care base business strategy and provide overall coordination, facilitation and enablement of programs that will drive best practices and that will leverage across Vision Care sites and the J&J Enterprise. The Manager of Strategic Sourcing – Vision Care is responsible for managing all aspects of the relationship with designated Vision Care Direct Material suppliers to deliver reliable product supply and total cost reduction while meeting or exceeding all customer service, compliance and product requirements.
The Manager will work closely with the Packaging Enterprise category leaders in deployment of primary and secondary packaging strategies within the Vision Care business. The Manager of Strategic Sourcing – Vision Care will be expected to work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and deploy local strategies that align with Category objectives and that impact cost, quality, service, SEI, Supplier Diversity, SRM and supplier consolidation activities and metrics.
The Manager of Strategic Sourcing will be a leader within the CMD Source organization. The Manager is expected to provide a practical and intellectual understanding of the global VC industry and its channels in order to provide a strong combination of strategic vision and hands-on leadership in all aspects of global sourcing operations. The Manager will provide day-to-day leadership for Vision Care Source team members.
The Manager of Strategic Sourcing – Vision Care will work closely with leaders in the Business and Vision Care Supply Chain to understand business needs and priorities in order to develop and implement robust category strategies that best meet the short and long term business needs of the franchise. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Developing and maintaining strong internal and external business relationships with key business partners.
• Supporting strategic direction and execution in sourcing chemicals, resins and packaging for Vision Care to ensure optimal mix of cost and cycle time, while continually guaranteeing required levels of quality.
• Partnering with Supplier Quality to ensure alignment on supplier management processes
• Providing input to the standard costs each year as part of the business planning process, for the items under his/her control and deliver year-over-year productivity against those standards.
• Upgrading supplier skills (ship-to-stock, emerging technologies, etc.)
• Managing supplier capabilities including but not limited to capacity planning, capital and resource investments including inventory management.
• Conducting regular business reviews with suppliers as part of the SRM process
• Conducting industry research and market surveys in order to stay current with best in class strategic sourcing practices and customer demands.
• Negotiating favorable prices, developing and administering contracts for select strategic suppliers
• Monitoring and benchmark existing supply base within the global marketplace
Critical Success Factors or Scope or Responsibilities
• Lead functional teams to achieve best in class performance, execute the Vision Care sourcing strategies and align with the Category Management & Advance Sourcing and Innovation teams to achieve and exceed goals.
• Deliver a disciplined sourcing approach for reducing total costs of purchased materials
• Maintain a high level of proactive service and supply continuity for the Vision Care business.
• Collaborate with Supplier Quality team to ensure suppliers are meeting business quality requirements and other critical commitments are met
• Excellent interpersonal skills required
• Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills required
• Creative & decisive problem solving skills
• Proven ability to influence/collaborate to get to desired result
• Change leadership expertise
• Customer focus (internal & external)
• Adaptable to meet rapidly changing priorities
• Exercise a high degree of business judgment and sound reasoning.
• Strong Credo values Remove as the outside world does not know this.
• Minimum of 5 – 7 years relevant experience in a logistics/supply chain role within a high volume manufacturing environment.
• BS Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field.
• Proven ability to influence/collaborate.
• Minimum 1 year of Category Experience.
• Experience leading cross functional teams.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
• Understanding of contracting process and experience with drafting complex supply agreements
• Analytical-absorb information & solve complex problems quickly.
• Management & leadership: setting direction, influencing, goal alignment, lead & influence others in a matrix organization.
• Considerable knowledge in Sourcing procedures, Purchasing Controls, Supplier Selection Process.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• MBA or Master’s Degree
• Minimum 3 years Chemicals/Packaging category experience.
• Expertise in Operations, Logistics, Planning, and Forecasting.
• Financial management & budget development and control.
• Prior successful supervisory/people management & leadership of a diverse workforce.
• SAP Experience.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)