Henrico Doctors Hospital
, the Forest Campus
, is a 340-bed acute care facility
located in Richmond, VA. We are a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63 rd on Fortune's 100
, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
As part of our full range of healthcare services, we specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health-including high-risk pregnancies, maternity and neonatal intensive care-orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants-through the Virginia Transplant Center-and we lead the state in minimally invasive procedures, having performed more da Vinci® robotic
-assisted surgeries than any other facility in Virginia. Additional Information about our General OR:
- 13 OR Suites
- On average 10-16 cases are conducted daily
- Procedures Performed: DaVinci Robot, Dilation and Curettage, Infertility, Tubal Ligation, Cancer, and Single Incisions
- Level II Trauma Center
- Teamwork is heavily focused to promote better patient experience
- A supportive culture motivated on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegiate relationships
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Manages day-to-day operations of the unit in meeting the mission of the company, hospital and department, as well as supporting an environment of care to meet that mission and to comply with all regulatory requirements.
Actively manages all variable costs within scope of responsibility to meet budgetary targets.
Communicates effectively with staff, peers, superiors, external and internal customers.
Utilizes quality improvement strategies to improve unit/departmental processes, and to meet goals.
Oversees all aspects of staffing, acting in accordance with Human Resource policies and within budgetary limits, in targeted selection, in planned staff development opportunities, in making daily assignments, and in providing feedback.
Demonstrates effective leadership behaviors, modeling professionalism, accountability, and the pursuit of one's own professional growth and development.Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- CNOR certification (preferred) - HCA will pay for certification and bonus will be offered upon completion