At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year.
HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
• Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.
Provide management and thought leadership for Parallon' s telecommunications footprint at all Parallon BPG sites along with a large Work from Home presence. Lead architect, manage and implement new telecommunications solutions and services for Parallon BPG IT including Centralized Core UC Framework, comprised of the following: PBX, IVR, CTI, call recording and speech analytics. The Manager of Telecommunications Service Delivery will have a broad range of technical skills and extensive experience leading large scale IT projects and teams of technology experts in a highly matrixed environment. Will lead and manage technical projects assigned with minimal supervision. Identify, investigate, evaluate and become proficient in new technologies and technical disciplines that are of significance to Parallon BPG. Position oversees all aspects of telecommunications processes and procedures in support of the Parallon BPG.
Primary duties will include the management of telecommunications in a multi-platform environment, technical documentation, project management, engineering, issue resolution, and technical presentations. Specific responsibilities managing software products on various hardware platforms, operating system installation and customization where applicable, troubleshoot, coordinate, assist and advise in recovery from component failures of supported systems. The qualified candidate will assist with decision-making process and lead personnel in telecommunications support positions.
The Manager of Unified Communications and Telecommunications Service Delivery will also be responsible for the overall delivery and operational support of IT services to all Shared Service Centers and Specialty Centers. This role will serve as the primary liaison between the Shared Service Centers and Specialty Center Operational teams for Parallon BPG IT. He/She will be responsible for delivering, and the ongoing maintenance of, multiple aspects of telecommunications services for these sites including, but not limited to CTI desktop applications, softphone, etc.
The Manager of Unified Communications and Telecommunications Service Delivery will maintain key relationships with all Shared Service Center and Specialty Center leadership to ensure telecommunications services are being delivered reliably and meeting the needs of the sites.
Key responsibilities include;
coordinating the purchase of new equipment for sites or modifying existing equipment to meet the needs of the business (i.e. work from home, etc.), conducting regular site assessments with Shared Service Centers and Specialty Center leadership to identify gaps in telecommunications services and enhance service levels. Provide metrics and reporting to leadership regarding SLAs for key telecommunications services like availability and incident volume statistics, collaborate with Parallon Corporate and all Centers on new solutions and technology that will meet the needs of the business, develop monitoring/alerting enhancements to provide real-time visibility into Center IT failures or degradation of minimum acceptable levels of service.
• Oversee all aspects of Parallon telecommunications processes and procedures in support of the Parallon BPG.
• Assist in the certification and design of new platform technologies.
• Participate in Technical Advisory Group(s) as necessary.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of supported telecommunications and network components; including UC Architecture, PBX, IVR, CTI, call recording, speech analytics, operating systems, utilities, vendor products, applicable programming languages, diagnostic techniques, benchmarking methodologies, applicable communications protocols, applicable hardware configurations, use of statistical and analytical tools for system monitoring and evaluation.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of technology, network, data and applications architectures including power, cabling and environmental.
• Communicate effectively with various levels of senior leadership and end users.
• Maintain frequent interaction with internal and vendor technical staffs and project managers to ensure effective delivery of solutions in accordance with project timelines and associated budgets.
• Provide technical leadership and responsibility for the installation and certification of all supporting software and hardware in order to assure a sound deployment basis for production implementations.
• Develop business continuity solutions and assist in developing plans for disaster recovery.
• Identify and document Parallon telecommunications solutions and services (PBX, IVR, CTI, call recording, speech analytics, etc.) processes and procedures.
• Maintain certification for multiple telecommunications platforms.
• Patch management, release management, configuration management.
• Meet IT&S change management requirements
• Provide input and recommendations about short and long range departmental planning in the area.
• Assist with the education and training of personnel.
• Participate in the Disaster/Recovery effort.
• Primary support to assist with troubleshooting, escalation, or recovery of failing equipment
• Ensure documentation exists for Center telecommunications configurations including all aspects of IT services
• Works closely with corporate, division, and facility personnel to coordinate the implementation and ongoing support of systems
• Interfaces directly with a wide variety of Parallon leadership, end users and technical counterparts in other division, facility, and corporate roles
• Adheres to and supports HCA IT&S standards, policies, and procedures
• Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care
• Adheres to Code of Conduct, Mission, and Values Statements
• Performs other duties as assigned
10 years of experience is needed for a successful candidate.
College degree preferred.
• Certification in one or more of the following preferred: CGRP (Certified Genesys Routing Professional), CGE (Certified Genesys Engineer) , Avaya Certifications
• Equivalent work experience may substitute certification/license requirement
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally (server components to build, rack and configure servers). Work is in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergencies. Occasional travel to division data center and/or other facilities may be required. Job may require after hours and weekend work. On call 24/7/365 with ability to work additional hours as needed on minimal notice.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom