POSITION PURPOSE - The Home Depot ecommerce design team is looking for a world-class researcher to grow our user research practice and team. As a User Research Manager, you are the engine room fueling insights that enable us to understand customer attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors as a strategic competitive advantage.
Our research work ranges from formative to evaluative studies, immersive field research to rigorous usability and lab studies to address research needs for all phases of design and product development.
What you’ll need:
Excellent people management skills and previous experience managing a usability program and team
Impressive internal communication strategies for sharing insights and educating teams (…beyond the PPT)
Extensive experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods ranging from ethnography to summative benchmarking
Agility, moxie, and grit
Who are we? We’re the Digital Experience team for Home Depot. We carved out our own design studio among the pines and hills of Atlanta, one of the country’s top cities, and created a culture to build the best mobile and web experiences in the industry. Home Depot’s design and usability team combines a broad range of creative talent including visual & interaction design, information architecture, content strategy, and user research. We’re creating the future on online and mobile retail and have the resources of a Fortune 50 company to back it up. What’s not to like?
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES - - Gain a thorough understanding of customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to help deliver site features that provide Home Depot customers with an unparalleled shopping experience.
- Forecast, monitor, analyze and report on the product lines
- Conduct financial analysis and assist in the creation of business plans for new opportunities.
- Create business requirements and drive improvements to customer-facing site features, back end systems, and new business models.
- Apply a thorough understanding of the E-commerce industry, its seasonality and global business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments.
- Drive projects and promotions with site merchandising, web development, and design teams.
- Identify and assess value of technology licensing with new vendors to deliver on innovative customer experience features.
NATURE AND SCOPE -- Position typically reports to Dir, Online Product Management.- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
EDUCATION REQUIRED -The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 05
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- MS, PhD, or otherwise strong academic exposure to the rich body of both theory and practice of Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Usability Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of UX professional research experience. 2+ years managing people.
- Expert in statistical concepts (e.g., sampling) and methods (e.g., descriptive, inferential) and/or other data-science related analysis
- Extensive experience and remote usability testing
- Extensive experience in field ethnography
- Extensive experience in competitive benchmarking
- Previous experience with Lean UX in Agile development
- Previous ecommerce experience at national-level ecommerce site
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES-
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects across diverse groups, including UX design, creative, development, and QA - work prioritization and planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving meaningful results
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, cross-collaboration and team skills
- Knowledge of E-commerce business KPIs and technologies
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!