Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Manager Operations Analytics
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. As a customer-centric company, we also lead the way when it comes to developing world-class talent, while providing rewarding, satisfying careers.
We are looking for a Manager of Collection Operations Analytics within the credit card operations Cardmember Assistance (CMA) business area. Reporting to Sr. Manager of Operations Analytics, this role will lead a small team of analysts responsible for providing innovative analytical solutions to drive optimal effectiveness, efficiency and experience. Key responsibilities:
- Provide analytical support for the PM&I (Performance Management & Incentives) strategy team and identify gaps and opportunities to drive continuous improvement.
- Identify new opportunities that drive significant improvement to CMAs operational performance (effectiveness, efficiency and experience).
- Leverage analytics and process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, LEAN) to provide a data-driven approach to improvements.
- Provide fact-based, compelling insights and recommendations to drive consensus and strategic alignment.
- Develop comprehensive and robust Cost Benefit Analysis (CBAs) to evaluate financial impacts of various initiatives and facilitate prioritization and decision making.
- Provide analytical support to effectively expand CMA digital capabilities.
- Explore and evaluate cutting-edge and innovative analytical applications.
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Skills Required Skills :
- A Masters degree in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research or other quantitative fields a must.
- 5+ years of experience in the credit card or financial services industry. Prior experience in Operations desirable.
- Strong background in statistical analysis, segmentation and modeling.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills.
- Knowledge and experience with various analytical tools/platforms including SAS/SQL, Teradata, Hadoop, Python, Tableau.
- Strong people leadership and presentation skills.
- Advanced leadership, relationship management, consulting and influencing skills.
Must be collaborative and willing to work in a cross-functional and cross-cultural environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.