At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Plans, coordinates, and manages activities associated with the development and implementation of Exelon's operations training programs at the site.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provides direction for and supervises the planning, analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of site training programs established to improve plant and personnel performance in accordance with Exelon Department Descriptions, Policies, Procedures and Process Descriptions. Program responsibilities includes initial license training, reactor operator, senior reactor operator, nonlicensed operators, shift manager, shift technical advisor and simulator performance.
- Manages post-training assessments to identify impact on personnel and plant performance to identify training program areas needing improvement. Training improvements and corrective actions are systematically initiated, trended, analyzed and resolved.
- Support station and fleet activities in the areas of business plan initiatives, project management, re-fuel outage support, EP duties and special projects.
- Anticipates long-range training needs in the assigned functional area and develops strategies and plans to meet those needs.
- Assures that training facilities, equipment, materials, records, and personnel qualifications support training program goals.
- Participates in NRC, INPO, and management audits/assessments and provides responses to audit findings.
- Coordinates the assignment of training activities between plant management, outside agencies, contractors, and the training department.
- BS/BA in a technical discipline or education/training
- Meet ANSI requirements per site Technical Specifications
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Previous or current senior reactor operator license or certification. 10+years of technical background in respective discipline
-3+years of professional supervisory/management experience with 2+years of professional supervisory/management experience in the implementation of training programs
- Experience on INPO accreditation or evaluation teams, benchmarking and peer assessment teams
- Knowledge of and experience with the systematic approach to training (SAT)
- MS/MA in a technical discipline or education/training
-5+years of professional supervisory/management experience in the implementation of training programs
-4+ years of instructional experience
- Substantial experience in leading teams from multiple organizations in accomplishing diverse tasks and assignments
- Functionally directs efforts of employees and contractors while in training status for accountable programs. Provides leadership for program initiatives impacting applicable training programs.
- Primary training contact for the site on discipline peer groups.
- Direct control over associated program budgets and assets as determined by the Director Site Training.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster