Manager, Organizational Development & Change Management (Job Number: 024597)
Corporate Office - 6 PARKWAY N
6 PARKWAY N
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Plays a key role in driving large scale change and organization development initiatives to deliver intended business results on-time and on-budget. The Manager is actively involved in all stages of the end-to-end program lifecycle, starting with initial identification of business opportunities/ issues and the potential change implications of implementation. Work can also include helping leaders identify what the problem really is, determining solutions and then designing effective change strategies to support implementation with minimal business disruption.
The Role requires significant partnership with business leaders, members of the Business Transformation Office (OPCO), HR business partners and other functional areas.
As a member of the OD/Change Management Team, this position will also be responsible for actively contributing to the continued evolution of Walgreens' OD and change capabilities via the design and development of industry leading best practices, and socialization of user friendly approaches to organization development, organization capability building and change management that can help drive desired business results. Job Responsibilities
- Supports strategic programs by working with leaders and applicable partners to determine solutions to problems or opportunities. This includes assessing the impacts to capabilities, organization design, workflow, tools, roles and behaviors. Defines and scopes the needed organization development/change management work to achieve program and business objectives. Defines a comprehensive change plan to enable strategic programs to deliver fully on objectives.
- Develops applicable OD solutions to support the overall project and change plan. This includes working with COE and HR experts in areas of organization design, team development, strategic planning, building organization capabilities and strategic workforce planning.
- Develops the change management plan based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change. Applies a structured change management approach and methodology for the people side of change caused by projects and change efforts. As part of this, drives the development of actionable and targeted change management strategies and plans, including communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan and resistance management plan.
- Improves project planning and execution by ensuring strategic integration with the Project Management Office, Walgreens Lean Six Sigma, and Project integrators. Ensures seamless service delivery and hand-offs from strategy/plan formulation to execution.
- Participates in and may lead cross-functional teams on major strategic programs to support organizational alignment, business readiness, stakeholder engagement, communications, etc.
- Ensures quality and consistency of OD and change management services provided across Walgreens. Provides support to programs to assess the effectiveness of OD and change management across Walgreens. Creates and manages measurement strategies to track adoption utilization and proficiency of individual changes. Presents findings to sponsors and other leaders.
- Supports the execution of plans by employee-facing managers and business leaders. Serves as an active and visible coach to executives, managers and supervisors. Provides direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transition.
- Partners with OnePlan Team, HR Business Partners, business unit executives and project owners to drive organizational development and change plan. Collaborates with project teams to integrate solutions and change management activities into the overall project plan. Collaborates with other key partners such as Communications and Talent and Development in the formulation of plans and activities to support project implementation.
- Identifies the need for external change consulting support as needed (typically more tactical communication, training) for an assigned project. Determines required budget and works with project leads to build into upfront business case. Manages the day-to-day work of any hired consultants through delivery of deliverables and the resulting budget.
- Participates as an active member of OD/Change COE. This includes collaborating across project to ensure best thinking and identification of integration points across our work. It also includes contributing to best practice thinking and continuous improvement of practices as we build out Walgreens Way of Change and other key areas of focus.
- Develops, mentors, and coaches change management consultant team members
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience of organization development with experience in the disciplines of change management methodology, job/role/organization design, marketing or communication, training/performance support, and/or organizational readiness or High School/GED and at least 5 years of organization development experience in these disciplines.
- Experience with change management principles and methodologies ( job/role/organization design, marketing or communication, training/performance support, and/or organizational readiness)
- Experience in one or more of the following OD areas: organization design, building organization capabilities, Visioning/Picture of Success work combined with strategic planning, post-merger integration, leadership team development, leadership coaching.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates and within budget guidelines.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree or MBA
- Experience identifying operational issues/root causes and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience leading change management teams and/or work from a strategic level.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.