Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Packaging Strategic Sourcing in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Manager, Packaging Strategic Sourcing will be a leader within the organization with many opportunities for executive exposure regionally, cross sector and globally. This individual will act as a global sub commodity strategy steward for NA and will collaboratively design/implement global/regional sourcing strategies that deliver best Total Value for the J&J Consumer Group of Companies and J&J customers, with an eye on delivering quality and reliability, for assigned commodities and sourcing groups and the North America region.
- Lead and develop commodity strategies and initiatives and contribute to the success of the Packaging Strategic Sourcing North America organization through upholding the spirit of the J&J Credo.
- Lead the identification and facilitation of Cost Improvement Projects including negotiating and effective partner development initiatives to find new areas of value for J&J and key suppliers.
- Develop and implement Supplier Relationship program(s) for key suppliers in their assigned commodity groups/sourcing groups.
- Develop a portfolio of supply relationships that deliver on the following requirements: quality, service, innovation and cost.
- Lead thorough end to end supply chain analysis of business cases including garnering support from key business partners and weighing financial, quality and service criteria.
- Support and guide members of the Packaging team to analyze complex supplier proposals and using decision-making tools and models, including financial and non-financial criteria, to facilitate award recommendations. Leadership of Global Market Engagement Process (bidding).
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis and screening (strategic direction, financial due diligence, market position, power within industry, capabilities & capacity, risk assessment) and develop strategies and attain goals for the growth of diverse supplier spend in accordance with J&J's goals to support diversity supplier initiatives.
- Negotiate commercial agreements and contracts catered to supply situations and ensure that they are aligned with a strategy to ensure business continuity through the agreements.
- Effectively choose tailored sourcing approaches and tools as well as negotiate and implement commercial/contract terms and supply agreements.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of pricing models and predictive models for feedstock and other key cost drivers for all key materials.
- Conduct monthly analytics on Purchase Price Variance and estimate the annual spend for each commodity within his/her responsibility and leverage these analyses in business planning, strategies and negotiations.
- Support the development of new products through early involvement with AS&I R&D/Engineering on alternative identification and supply agreement negotiations.
- Drives an environment that leads procurement best practices, policies, quality and compliance.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree plus 4-6 years of business experience.
- A minimum of 2 years in Procurement, Project Management, Finance, R&D, Planning and/or Manufacturing.
- Strong analytical decision making background.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively persuade, convince, and inspire internal and external stakeholders to gain their support for a specific course of action (i.e. business cases, project timelines).
- Must have analytical decision making background and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and the ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to travel 25% international and domestic.
- Experience analyzing supply industries, key cost drivers and market dynamics.
- Experience analyzing proposals, bid packages and conducting supplier analysis.
- Experience with Project Management, Six Sigma, FPX, Process Excellence or Lean Tools and business case creations.
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function