Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience.
The Blizzard marketing team is looking for a digital media and advertising expert with strong leadership skills to manage and execute paid search campaigns. This position will report to the senior manager of performance media and work closely with the media strategy team to execute campaigns for various game content launches as well as new customer acquisition.
This person will apply their skills to run and optimize media campaigns in partnership with core agencies. This is a great opportunity for a qualified individual to make a measurable impact on the online operations of one of the largest gaming companies in the world. Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines (Google, Bing / Yahoo) including the campaign planning, implementation, budget management, performance review, and optimization of paid search campaigns.
- Monitor industry trends, testing, adapting, and optimizing SEM strategy using a measurable approach.
- Manage process for tracking SEM programs within our reporting tools. Establish benchmarks and metrics that consistently drive efficiency and effectiveness, as well as understand impacts on online and offline business.
- Partner with franchise planning manager to ensure all marketing programs are being supported appropriately.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, conversion tracking, e-commerce, and the interplay of SEM and SEO.
- Become a product expert in our industry, understand the hot issues and new developments.
- Oversee keyword research (discovery and expansion), review and editing of ad creative / copy, review and analysis of web site performance metrics, and optimization of campaigns.
- Grow and optimize our keywords portfolio through testing (A / B and Multivariate) with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative keywords, etc.
- Drive continued innovation and best practice implementation, regularly sharing your knowledge with the media and analytics team.
- A minimum of 4 years' direct experience managing paid search programs, preferably at a multi-brand organization or agency
- Bachelor's degree required; marketing degree preferred
- Google Adwords Certification, Microsoft AdCenter certification
- Requires hands-on knowledge of best practices in SEM and a proven track-record of delivering qualified traffic from both an acquisition and conversion standpoint
- Exceptional copywriting and editorial skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with web analytical tools and interfaces (Google Analytics preferred)
- High energy, team player who is willing to do what it takes to make our team and programs successful
- Proficiency in Excel including pivot tables and vlookups
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- An organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results
- A self-motivated individual; a good team player
- Takes accountability and ownership of his / her own work
- Knowledge of Blizzard IPs
- A passion for video games
- Paid social expertise (Facebook and Twitter)
- Jira expertise
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.