Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience.
The Blizzard marketing team is looking for a digital media and advertising expert with strong leadership skills to manage and execute Paid Social campaigns. This position will report to the senior manager of performance media and work closely with the media strategy team to execute campaigns for various game content launches as well as new customer acquisition.
This person will apply their skills to run and optimize media campaigns in partnership with core agencies. This is a great opportunity for a qualified individual to make a measurable impact on the online operations of one of the largest gaming companies in the world.Responsibilities
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Overseeing promotions and social ad campaigns with agency and direct platform
- Compiling report for management showing results (ROI)
- Demonstrating ability to map out marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics
- Analyzing campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns
- Analyzing, reviewing, and reporting on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Monitoring effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of paid social media campaigns
- Regularly monitor, analyze, review, and report on appropriate metrics to track and measure ROI on all social media efforts and spend.
- Establish organization-wide paid social media best practices, guidelines, objectives and governance-related standards associated with the planning and execution of effective paid social media programs.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams and agency partners to establish and maintain content calendars, assets, media plans, and copy for all paid campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with marketing to write copy and create graphics for paid social media platforms and campaigns.
- Support the community team with audience targeting strategies promoting organic posts and paid engagement activities such as contests and social apps.
- Define and maintain KPIs and benchmarks for Blizzard paid social media investments.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
Knowledge and Skills
- A minimum of 4 years' paid social media experience managing buys with Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
- A minimum of 3 years' management experience
- Possess outstanding strategic planning skills and an ability to bring plans to life at speed
- Strong analytical mindset and skills, including the ability to break down complex data scenarios into digestible components
- Able to operate with a high level of energy, commitment, and enthusiasm to take on a complex, challenging role in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Strong communication, presentation, project management, and critical thinking skills
- Budgetary experience including the ability to track expenses against commitments, set priorities for funding, and develop annual budgets
- Expert at Excel; proficient with other MS Office products
- Flexible work hours, weekend and evening work will be required from time to time
- Able to translate objectives into actionable plans
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with an analytical mindset
- Effective communicator both internally and externally
- Able to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally
- Able to research, and understand the customer's perspective and their competitive options
- Able to handle multiple projects, requests and priorities at the same time
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital media solutions
- Experience building digital marketing and communications plans from the ground up and measuring their success
- Public speaking, presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and public relations skills
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.