77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
Manager, Partnership Credit Card Marketing
Capital One Partnerships is looking for a Card Marketing Manager to develop loyalty and engagement strategies in our Retail Partnerships sector focusing on acquisition, customer management, in-store marketing, value proposition development and customer experience.
The Partnerships Card Marketing Manager will join a team of professionals equally adept at developing strategy, building relationships with external partners and agencies and driving strategic marketing planning across various channels.
In this exciting role you will work directly with retail brands to help lead, direct and coordinate marketing activities. To be successful this individual will need to be able to influence and coordinate efforts with internal teams, partners, external agencies, digital teams, and analytics resources.
The right individual for the Card Marketing Manager role should be a strategic and white space thinker, capable of integrative thinking across multiple and complex business dimensions, and will have good business judgment to prioritize opportunities appropriately.
The ability to drive strategy, influence cross functional teams and communicate with all levels within both the Capital One and partner organizations will be a key to the success of the individual in this role. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Research, develop, and articulate the strategic marketing direction for the partner program, including annual marketing plans and primary and secondary research plans
- Act as a thought leader to the partner on the topics of consumer loyalty, retention, and growth.
- Comfortable working with and analyzing data to understand portfolio opportunities and risks
- Develop marketing and communications plans and coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Develop learning agenda; manage project and teams, report findings
- Collaborate with other marketing teams to review campaign results and make joint recommendations for future roll outs and tests
- Engage directly with the partner’s marketing team to develop strategy, evaluate in-flight initiatives, and manage day-to-day portfolio activities
- Coordinate across the organization to deliver and execute on business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy
- Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Have strong knowledge of a variety of marketing mediums including e-mail, website, direct mail, social, mobile, and point of sale
- Present results to internal and external senior leaders in a clear and organized manner and translate campaign learning into actionable next steps
The ideal candidate will be:
- A strong communicator and possess the ability to structure and present a compelling story, influencing upward
- A team player with strong relational and leadership skills, especially in a client-facing role
- Proactive and results driven
- Highly motivated and takes personal ownership of responsibilities
- A strong program manager who is self-directed, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 4 years of experience working in a marketing communications role OR at least 4 years of experience working in a direct brand advertising role
- At least 4 years of experience utilizing Research in Brand and Consumer Marketing
- At least 4 years of experience in a consumer-driven Fortune 500 environment OR at least 4 years of experience in a CPG environment OR at least 4 years of experience in an Agency Marketing environment
- At least 2 years of experience interacting and managing external clients
- At least 2 years of experience in communicating with and delivering presentations to senior leaders
- Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.