The Patient Access Manager is responsible for the daily operations of all functions and serves as the liaison between the Service Center and the facility. The Patient Access Manager integrates the department's services with the hospital's primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff. As the leader, this person may recommend resources/space needed by the department and may participate in the selection of outside services. They serve as a key promoter of the Service Center, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Perform patient registration function when needed to ensure wait times are kept to a minimum
• Ensure QA on registrations for all areas of Registration
• Provide continuous training for and communicates changes to existing employees
• Prepare payroll and completes monthly work schedules as needed to ensure adequate staffing levels
• Follow-up on patient complaints promptly
• Implement and promote excellent customer service
• Work closely and professionally with outside agencies on special projects developed by the corporate office
• Interview, hire, evaluate, and counsel Patient Access staff members
• Perform evaluations in a timely manner
• Train new employees in all aspects of their assigned job
• Supervise and maintain the productivity of employees
• Review the quality of patient registration documents on a daily basis
• Process all paperwork in a timely manner
• Work closely with fellow managers to ensure all procedures regarding patient accounts are completed in a thorough and timely manner
• Complete monthly reports to the Director (ARMAP, Clear Access, etc.)
• Responsible for Dept. Operations Report, FTEs and Operating budgets
• Ensure all personnel policies are followed
• Develop and maintain a Patient Access Policy and Procedure Manual
• Effectively manage and direct all areas of registration to ensure quality, productivity, and customer service
• Maintain a clean MPI on Meditech and works closely with Medical Records on a daily basis
• Maintain QA statistics and reports
• Monitor and maintain Daily Preservice Log, BILL45, and Alpha Census according to established Business Office standard
• Act in the capacity of Director in his/her absence
• Contribute to A/R goals for patient registration
• Conduct monthly staff meetings and inservices for all responsible areas
• Work closely with Market Financial Coordinator for updates and testing for Meditech
• Assume on-call responsibilities to ensure adequate staff and problem solving
• Update collection system and requests rebill if appropriate
• Work closely and professionally with Nursing and Ancillary Departments in an effort to maintain teamwork approach
• Recommends sufficient number of qualified/competent staff.
• Determines staff qualifications and competence. Develops and maintains accurate initial and annual competency checklists, and initiates completion of initial and annual competency attestation forms.
• Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care of the services delivered.
• Attends in-service presentations, and complete mandatory education week including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA Standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION • Bachelor's Degree required.
• Patient Access experience
• Minimum 3 years management experience
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - N/A
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom