Job Location: United States : Pennsylvania : Johnstown
- Directly supervise team of 5 employees working closely with Manager of Payroll Operations.
- Topline responsibility for all accounting and tax aspects of North American Payroll.
- Dotted line responsibility for US Expatriate and Global Payroll function.
- Ensures Payroll accuracy by balancing payroll accounts and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain SOX compliance to standard procedures and responsibilities.
- Work closely with Corporate Tax , Corporate Finance, Treasury and Legal to ensure compliance with all US regulations and improve/modify processes where needed.
- Provide support for enterprise-wide initiatives and take lead for Payroll related impact.
- Determines and executes solutions to daily processing issues.
- Recommends systems and procedural enhancements and assists in the development, testing, and implementation of solutions
- Responsible for ensuring annual payroll tax reconciliation is timely and accurate.
- Responsible for various Benefit and non-benefit funding.
- Oversee updates to Payroll system relating to various forms of compensation, such as relocations, equity transactions, prizes and awards, etc.
- Establishes uniform methods and practices, including work flow, time frames, performance standards, and business practices to enable all associates to be paid with appropriate controls and accurate charging to proper fund source.
- Ensures the timely and accurate processing, delivery, and reconciliation of all payrolls.
- Participates in system enhancements and upgrades testing to validate expected functionality as designed.
- Must have 5-10 years of payroll operations experience with 2 or more years in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience with payroll tax and accounting and must have both federal and state fillings working knowledge.
- Experience with taxability rules for various states.
- Exposure to state and local taxation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to communicate with senior management.
- In-house payroll system experience.
- Exposure to benefits plans and an understanding of the complete payroll process (health and welfare and/or pension plans).
- Exposure to global payroll would be ideal.
- A self-starter, who is assertive, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Certified Payroll Professional Certification (CPP).
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 34141