Manager Pharmacy & Retail Ops Projects (Job Number: 024684)
Deerfield Corporate - 200 WILMOT RD
200 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services such immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Leads the management of large projects and project teams under limited direction. Multiple projects and project teams may impact multiple functions within Pharmacy and Retail Operations and have substantial impact on the Company. Budget responsibilities are based on project requirements. Provides general guidelines and parameters for staff functions; responsible for tactical and operational planning; has supervisory and budgetary responsibility (expense, assets, production, project). Subject matter expert for operations on processes, procedures and systems related strategies associated with the rollout to the field of any corporate initiatives. Job Responsibilities
- Manages medium to large size projects under limited direction.
- Establishes and monitors project requirements, priorities, and deadlines. Provides ongoing management of project from inception to completion.
- Manages a project team that is responsible for management of multiple project plans.
- Ensures quality and timeliness of project results. Ensures established budget is adhered to based upon project requirements. Identifies opportunities and correction of errors to ensure efficiency and mitigate exposure.
- Drives resolution of project conflicts. Consults and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Manages teams who are responsible for multiple projects from inception to completion.
- Manages activities of assigned project team.
- Prepares standard and ad hoc management reports and presentations for assigned projects.
- Communicates project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities. Responsible for effective rollout of future related system enhancements and processes, procedures associated with same.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of Retail and/or Pharmacy Management , project management and/or business process experience OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 8 years of Retail and/or Pharmacy Management , project management and/or business process experience.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and indirectly managing teams across business units.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at various levels of the organization, such as peers, internal/external stakeholders, business partners, senior level managers.
- Experience resolving conflicts within a team as issues arise.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 1 year of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work OR at least 2 years of indirect management experience of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree or MBA.
- Knowledge of business practices as related to specialty area, such as IT, HR, eCommerce, etc.
- Experience managing a budget to plan.
- Documented completion of a project management training course. (PMI endorsement preferred).
- Experience applying project management methodologies and practices, including developing a project plan, including charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, such as the statement of work, cost estimates, schedule, etc.
- Experience presenting and reporting on project plans to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- Experience utilizing project management software and other standard project management scheduling tools, such as MS Project and Planview, etc.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.