HealthTrust (HealthTrust Purchasing Group, L.P.) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, HealthTrust serves approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and members in more than 26,000 non-acute care sites.
Job Summary - This position is responsible to support the implementations, maintenance and communication of the Pharmacy Automation for pharmacy services which includes, but not limited to the Pyxis Enterprise Server solution. This position will be responsible for managing the master pharmacy Pyxis files, coordinating master file synchronization with all division Pyxis servers, Pyxis system data analysis and/or data cleansing to maintain the integrity of the master pharmacy Pyxis files.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include, but are limited to:
- Assess and assist in providing leadership in the area of the Pyxis ES pharmacy system and master file standardization to guide and support corporate and organization's strategy.
- Assimilates information from variety of sources, able to analyze data and make recommendations and executes a course of action.
- Assist in developing and achieving established targets.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates within the hospital or system policies and procedures related to implementation of pharmacy Pyxis standardization and item maintenance.
- Serves as subject matter expert regarding Pyxis ES system
Pyxis ES Dictionary and Item Master File Standardization
- Researches, corrects, trends, maps, loads data files from multiple divisions and consolidated service centers
- Provides data analysis and/or data cleansing at routine intervals to support optimization of Pyxis item files.
- Manage all Pyxis dictionary requests for new drug adds or changes to the enterprise system
- Align division ES server dictionary files to standard corporate item master file
- Assist in development of annual Pyxis formulary optimization strategy working with system and division leads
- Participates in preparation, implementation and revision of pharmacy staff competencies related to Pyxis file maintenance
- Assist in communicating facility drug file issues and requests to CSC pharmacy team and division pharmacy team.
- Assists with testing and implementation of software upgrades for the Pyxis ES system.
- Work with pharmacy internal control analyst weekly to update item files resulting from shortages, contracting changes or formulary changes.
- Maintains system protocols by reviewing and updating procedures as needed.
- Performs quality assurance monitoring to ensure best practice and compliance with corporate standards
- Assists in development of performance dashboards related to Pyxis ES
- Assists with evaluation of future medication automation products for all vendors considered beneficial to organization
- Interacts and develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders to better understand needs and challenges.
- Continuously defines and improves customer solutions.
- Forecasts, develops and executes automation workflow solutions that will meet future needs of customers.
- Ability to lead and collaborate within a team setting in a variety of functional settings.
- Provides educational opportunities to customers.
- Builds and maintains strong, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders within Supply Chain, HealthTrust, individual hospitals, hospital systems
- Collaborates with corporate and division teams to track and analyze financial data.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Assists with project implementations as needed
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
A minimum of 3-5 years inventory management, IT solutions, or pharmacy automation experience in an acute care organization or similar setting required. Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Power-Point, and Access database, and others as required. Must have knowledge of pharmacy activities and duties including drug terminology, pharmacy terminology, and nomenclature.
Associates required and Bachelor's degree highly preferred in Finance, Business Management, and Healthcare Administration.