Prudential’s Group Insurance segment manufactures and distributes a full range of group life, long-term and short-term group disability, and corporate- and trust-owned life insurance in the U.S. primarily to institutional clients for use in connection with employee and membership benefits plans. Group Insurance also sells accidental death and dismemberment and other ancillary coverages and provides plan administrative services in connection with its insurance coverages. Prudential has been underwriting group insurance plans since 1916. Today the Group Insurance business is the nation's second-largest group life carrier, insuring more than 20 million employees and their families.
A Manager position is currently available in the Group Insurance Planning and Analysis Consolidations unit of the Group Insurance Finance Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination, development and analysis of GAAP forecast, multi-year plans, governance and controls initiatives, strategic and management presentations (e.g. Strategy Presentations, Rating Agency Presentation, etc.) for Finance executives and Group Insurance business leaders. The associate will also be responsible for supporting Group Insurance on ad hoc requests and enterprise and departmental initiatives. This is a strategic position that requires the ability to synthesize complex issues in a clear and succinct way for Senior Executives.
The incumbent will lead a team of two finance associates within unit. Job Responsibilities:
· Manage and lead 2 direct reports, providing developmental opportunities, coaching and guidance.
· Support, participate and coordinate quarterly GAAP & Statutory Multi-Year Plans and forecast updates.
· Develop senior management presentations including Rating Agency, Risk Committee, Strategy Session, etc.
· Develop monthly and quarterly financial updates for Financial Management and the business.
· Support/develop GI planning calendar of deliverables in conjunction with corporate forecasts.
· Understand key business drivers, how they impact the business, and the implications to forecasts and plans.
· Analyze plans and forecasts to identify key issues and trends.
· Oversea and coordinate Model Risk activities (and other governance and control activities) related to the end to end forecast process.
· Partner with internal business and corporate areas including but not limited to actuarial (business and corporate), underwriting, sales, Corporate Reporting, GAAP & STAT reporting and Treasurers.
· Support the Group Insurance business with ad hoc requests.
· Participate in enterprise and departmental initiatives. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Finance/Accounting
- 6 year's experience
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to handle multiple priorities/projects and daily activities and work independently
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills, with close attention to detail
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all levels
- Demonstrates strong initiative and good time management
- Knowledge of Group Insurance a plus
- Experience with GAAP and Statutory Accounting is a plus
- Strong PC skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint, Oracle a plus