The Annuities Suitability Review Team will focus on adherence to suitability obligations through partnership with Compliance, Legal, and Risk. The Team will review the suitability of transactions in accordance with the company’s suitability review process, and determine whether there is a reasonable basis for believing that the producer’s recommendation to purchase, sell, or exchange a product is suitable for the customer based on the information provided by the customer as to his or her other security holdings and financial situation and needs .
The Manager, Planning and Analysis is responsible for the provision of timely, accurate and reliable management information and the running and enhancement of reporting systems which facilitate the production of this management information. The role typically encompasses budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis along with the relevant commentary on variances. The candidate is fully knowledgeable on the day to day activities of a product or process however will require input on more complex issues. Individuals at this level have some understanding of the firm’s different businesses and the related economics. They may have management responsibilities for a small team, or may be a single incumbent with manager responsibilities for a product or process. The Candidate is expected to be a subject area expert in one or more specific skill sets, business areas or products. Additional responsibilities include:
- Support Vice President and Director in the governance of the suitability process through the management of information from systems. The governance includes monitoring, trending, reporting, and quality review of transactions and correspondence handled by the Suitability Analyst.
- Solid understanding of Suitability compliance and risk
- Analysis of alerts and overall trends discussed with Vice Presidents and Directors and identified issues are escalated as appropriate
- Quality Review process which includes the r e v i e w of individual cases, identifying and remediating issues with the quality of individual case handler’s actions in accordance with the quality review protocol. Replacement/Financing Transactions are monitored through the Sales Practice Oversight & Control System (SPOCS).
- Bachelor's degree highly desired
- Minimum 3-5 years of financial industry experience in management, processing, and/or production roles
- Proven ability to track, trend, and report data
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while often challenged with time and resource constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Comfortable with risk management; to include auditing, control reporting, and financial management
- Strong communication skills and ability to work comfortably at senior levels of the business through clear written and verbal communications
- A strong level of knowledge/experience relating to annuities suitability preferred
- Experience with FINRA, SEC and state regulations pertaining to suitability issues as they relate to broker dealers, and insurance firms preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships- Able to work effectively with colleagues across multiple locations / virtually
- Experience with workflow management, service level agreement and control
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.