About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Manager of Planning & Scheduling will partner with Engineering, Maintenance & Utilities (EMU) colleagues as well as Quality and Manufacturing colleagues to plan and schedule work for all equipment and systems at the Andover site. The manager is accountable and responsible for the management of all EMU Workflow Management Group (WMG) deliverables and processes. The manager is responsible for representing the area during quality and compliance auditing. The manager will support the organization in meeting its strategic objectives by driving business planning as it pertains to EMU activities.
Promote the site safety culture and GoalZero vision, this includes leading by example
• Lead, mentor, develop, motivate and recruit team members in the WMG group empowering them for success
• Utilize cross-functional training and diverse work assignments
• Develop and implement tools and processes to aid in the success of the Andover site
• Lead change by applying LEAN principles and Continuous Improvement methodology
• Understand the CMMS system and develop greater efficiencies in the processes used to execute work in the CMMS system
• Effectively convey and represent the directives of the company and the site to the WMG staff
• Set clear roles and responsibilities for your team, be an effective listener and provide frequent checks with individual's goals and objects and provide the appropriate feedback when necessary holding them accountable for the quality of work they perform
• Ensure staff has required training to complete their assigned work
• Engage and manage contractors for required services as needed, this includes maintenance and facility services
• Develop budgets and update forecasts for scopes of work and annual expenses
• Collaborate cross functionally with Andover site managers and managers across the company network to develop strong network and client relationships
• Remain current in requirements of the ever changing business environment inclusive of plan of record, capital and expense budgeting and total cost of ownership including reliability
• Provide support to regulatory inspections and projects
• Professionally address and manage conflict resolution and HR (Human Resources) issues
Bachelor of Science in Engineering or relevant discipline
A minimum of 10 years of experience in engineering, validation, and maintenance in a Biopharmaceutical plant
5 years of management experience preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• Strong leadership skills are required
• Strong oral and written communications capabilities
• Strong skills in the use of CMMS systems
• Experience in Engineering and Maintenance processes in a GMP facility
• Experience with aligning stakeholders, facilitating conflict, and communicating information in a way that enables colleagues to have transparency of the issues and potential solutions in varying settings including workshops, small group sessions or one-on-one meetings
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritize effectively in order to successfully deliver activities against all scope, cost, time and quality requirements
• Ability to work successfully in a matric organization
• Experience with change management methodologies, organizational design, and business process development
• Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills
• Fluent in technology solutions to manage work including appropriate Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio) and SharePoint
• Basic understanding of Finance and financial controls
Be available to support a 24/7 manufacturing operations
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.