**** This role can be based in Atlanta, GA or New York, NY ****
As the media landscape continues to change with the advent of new technologies, new consumer behaviors and new content creators, we have to constantly reinvent how we connect with consumers, customers and other constituents. This requires 'unlearning', inventing, testing and taking risks - and what better way to do this on real brands owned by The Coca-Cola Company.
In an always on, connected, digital world, we have to intelligently advance our connections planning (not merely allow it to evolve). The role of a connections planner is to consider all the things we could do to create a connections plan across all Shared, Owned, Earned and Paid connections and then identify just the things we should do. Devising this plan is a function of the communications task at hand, the behavior of those we seek to influence, an understanding of the creative idea, a knowledge of the cost and impact of every potential connection point and then the data-driven deployment of resources (time, money, creative work etc.) across exactly the right array of connections to weave together the most compelling story for our brands and business.
The Manager will be responsible for development and execution of effective, unique and imaginative connections plan for multiple brands within the Coca-Cola & Venture and Emerging Brands portfolio such as Dasani and ZICO. He or she will also support broader portfolio-based projects that require a fresh perspective or more agile planning approach.
Hungry to make bold work
• Create breakthrough ideas to make our marketing communications stand out in a digital world.
Daring and unafraid
• Find innovative ways of advancing connections capabilities
• Create new, innovative ways to drive Coca-Cola's agenda for "marketing in a digital world"
Natural leader, Communicator and Problem Solver
• Inspires, educates and influences peers, customers and other parties
• Demonstrates collaboration at its best
• Identifies the correct external partners to bring about flawless execution
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or Technology required
• Master's Degree preferred
• 3 or more years of related experience required
• 5 or more years of related experience preferred
KEY FUNCTIONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Experienced Media & Connections Planning: Manage the execution and delivery of multiple connections plans to hit targets, optimize efficiencies all within budget parameters
• Management/prioritization of media investment strategy across online and offline channels, knowledge of data and programmatic buying, content and social media
• Translate business objectives and priorities into strategic briefs that guide the team's direction.
• Understand business analysis and trends in media landscape and consumer media behavior
• Interpret business and consumer data to develop insightful solutions to business problems.
• Analyze and understand cultural, communication and consumer trends - translate into connections ideas, tactics and programs
• Leverage analytics, big data, competitive reporting and other data sources to improve effectiveness and efficiency of communications plans
• Ability to simplify complex processes and practices
• Lead and manage external agencies, suppliers and contractors. Serve as the day-to-day management of team's deliverables. Be the "go-to" for all connection and connections planning questions and deliverables.
• Identify, design, negotiate, and execute integrated marketing media programs that include the development of branded content. Work with internal cross-functional team leads across Legal, Business Affairs, IMC Content, and Public Relations, to flawlessly execute programs.
• Actively participate in key brand and customer cross functional planning process
• DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
• COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
• ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
• INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
• DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.