Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Regulatory Product Manager will be one of a team tasked with ensuring that we embed regulatory compliance at the heart of our core customer products while ensuring optimal experiences for our customers. You will lead requirements definition, customer discovery, solution identification, overall execution and validation of regulatory product programs in close partnership with PMO, legal, compliance, end-to-end product and experience teams.
The successful candidate must be able to align global product management teams and the global core regulatory stakeholder teams to these goals. Excellent communication and influencing skills are essential as the candidate will be responsible to deliver timely, consistent and quality policy solutions.
TThe Regulatory Product Manager will:
- Assess how regulations impact PayPal products and services, develop potential solutions and partner with end to end experience teams to develop and execute optimal solutions
- Define, analyze and monitor key performance metrics to support and inform solution decisions and effectiveness
- Document solutions and controls to enable validation, monitoring and testing of solution effectiveness
- Work with stakeholders to guide and manage the release or launch of new products or product innovations
- Ensure that roadmap and prioritization processes are well communicated and understood across the organization
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact and work with implementation teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- 8+ years in product management, product marketing, product consulting, compliance or legal roles in financial services, fintech or other regulated technology space
- JD, MBA or other graduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience developing creative solutions in product, process or policy that delivered business results.
- Experience in evaluating requirements of global payments and/or consumer protection regulations as they apply to financial products and services
- Experience working with and presenting to regulators, partners, auditors and other external parties
- Familiarity with, and strong interest in, PayPal, mobile and alternative payments, emerging payments technology and the payments industry.
- Strong attention to detail including precise and effective verbal and written communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- "Can do" attitude, team player, fun, energetic personality, works well under pressure, thrives in ambiguity, self-motivated, goal-oriented, excellent organizational skills
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.