A Portfolio of products is a high-level view of all the product development programs to meet the business group or unit's main strategic objectives. Portfolio management involves setting priorities based on the business leadership's agreed-on objectives, and then choosing programs to undertake based on what will provide optimal business value, the level of risk involved, and available resources. At Applied Materials the Portfolio Managers are the CEO, CFO, Group GMs, and Business unit GM's and Key Product Unit heads. Description
The Portfolio Management team in Corporate Engineering supports the Portfolio Managers with portfolio framework, infrastructure (process, tools), data analytics (collection, analysis), and executive reporting across all business units.
The Manager, Portfolio Analysis works cross functionally, anticipates internal and or external business challenges, integrates industry benchmarks and roadmaps, and recommends process, product or service improvements based on data analysis and insights. Responsibilities
Qualifications: Desired Skills & Experience
- Build strong cross-functional engagement across multiple business units in Finance, Operations, Product and Program Management.
- Gather data on quarterly financial metrics and performance. Analyze data, build ROI models, evaluate trends, compare with industry benchmarks
- Assist in consolidating technology and product roadmaps, highlight investment gaps, and provide insights on strategic investment allocation across the broader portfolio. Develop models for "ideal" duration, spend and deliverables for typical program categories.
- Identify and integrate software toolsets for automation and standardization of data collection and analytics, partnering with the IT team.
- Build dashboards for effective executive level communication across businesses and functions.
- Identify portfolio management benchmarks and best practices within current and adjacent industries.
- Engage with Advanced Technology functions on development roadmap and investment needs for growth programs.
- Attend Key phase exit reviews, highlight and summarize product development gaps and investment needs. Review individual Program Readiness Assessments and provide insights.
- Assist in expanding portfolio management beyond Wafer Fab equipment to other key product divisions, aftermarket sales and services businesses.
- Be an extended resource to Finance and Product Management teams at the business units in market and application segmentation, sizing and resource allocation.
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum 5-7 years of industry experience. MS or MBA preferred.
- Experience with Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, or Product development background with an MBA.
- Strong financial modeling skills. Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources into key insights and recommend actions.
- Knowledge of semiconductor industry and technology roadmap.
- Hands-on experience with software tools for data analytics and presentation.
- Experience building executive level presentations.
- Ability to innovate and solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business.
- Critical thinking and ability to influence and communicate effectively with multiple internal stakeholders (technologists, engineering, Ops, finance, marketing, strategy).
- Ability to anticipate business and regulatory issues; recommend product, process or service improvements.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.