**Requisition ID:** 20883BR
**Job Title:** Manager, Pricing Analytics
**Division:** 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
**Location:** 04218: Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Exempt
The Manager, Pricing Analytics develops actionable insights and solutions to strategic business challenges by leveraging advanced modeling and analytical techniques. The Manager, Pricing Analytics is responsible for all aspects of pricing analytics including the development of customer risk and value scoring models and estimates of customer lifetime value. Working closely with business partners in marketing, finance and sales, the Manager, Pricing Analytics uses advanced statistical techniques to develop and test pricing strategies and develops estimates of price elasticity for both new and existing customers across all lines of business.
• Participates in determination of stakeholder needs and ensures business value is realized. Determines data analysis goals given business objectives. Determines data requirements and performance metrics to support analysis.
• Implements best practices and repeatable processes that ensure consistent, quality delivery of modeling and analytics work from the team. This encompasses responsibility for quality control including ensuring that appropriate documentation and peer review processes are in place.
• Partners with business customers as a key analytics point of contact and as a thought leader to identify research and/or business opportunities that the analytics team can support.
• Investigates challenging data characteristics, complexity, quality and meaning. Through visualizations and summarizations, defines performance and identifies trends, outliers and drivers.
• Prepares complex data for analysis, e.g. cleansing, conditioning, transforming, handling missing fields, identifying new feature variables and handling multivariate data.
• Modifies and analyzes data sets using complex analytics techniques such as machine learning, advanced statistical analysis, mathematical optimization and simulation. Identifies modeling attributes and parameters. Applies algorithms to create descriptive, predictive or prescriptive models to achieve analysis and business goals.
• Evaluates and validates correctness of models and analysis. Assesses and confirms performance of models and analysis. Evaluates and validates that models and analysis meet business objectives.
• Works with field organizations to construct statistically valid tests of pricing hypotheses, offer tests, and other new initiatives. Responsible for experimental design, measurement of results and the development of strategy insights and implications.
• Leads the analytic support for all new pilot programs and national rollouts of new initiatives and products.
• Performs analysis of customer profitability and lifetime value based on customer specific cost and revenue factors.
• Responsible for customer risk and value modeling. Develops, maintains and runs econometric customer scoring models built using a statistical software package such as R, SAS, or SPSS.
• Conducts extensive analysis around price elasticity, willingness to pay, competitive assessment, and price-volume trade off curves.
• Responsible for using advanced statistical techniques to classify markets and customers and support market performance analysis
Consulting and Communication
• Consults with clients to understand their requirements and to conceptualize the best solution in the most efficient manner using the resources that are available.
• Communicates analytical results to clients in a consultative manner, in formal and informal settings, and always at a level that is consistent with the target audience.
• Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and deliverables, including driving projects to completion in accordance with established timelines.
• Builds and manages a best-in-class predictive analytics team.
• Provides direction and assistance on an ongoing basis to ensure that the team has the knowledge and technical experience to execute against stated agenda.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, math, engineering, computer science or equivalent.
• Advanced degree with an analytic or quantitative focus.
• Experience working in a subscription-based business.
• Experience working in pricing or marketing analytics or operations.
• Bachelors' degree.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience ,with a proven track record, in advanced analytics.
• Experience with statistical methods and analysis tools, including recent experience with hands-on coding in SQL and at least one statistical package such as R, SPSS, or SAS.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Demonstrated expertise, and at least two years of experience, in programming, particularly statistical tools such as R, SAS, or SPSS and database applications such as SQL
• Fluent in the Microsoft suite particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Expert level Excel skills required, including experience using VBA scripting.
• Knowledge of statistics and multivariate analytical techniques including multivariate regression, logistic regression, cluster analysis, design of experiments.
• Demonstrated track record of executing change to core business processes through the innovative use of quantitative techniques.
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
• Ability to analyze and interpret complex problems.
• Ability to use data from multiple sources and understand key relationships. Experience with relational databases.
• Very strong communication skills and in particular, strong technical writing skills. Must be able to present the results of modeling and analytical initiatives to all levels of audience.
• Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization without conflict.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong ethics and the ability to keep information confidential.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.