Company, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies, is currently recruiting for an energetic and enthusiastic Manager, Process Engineering. NeoStrata, located in Princeton, New Jersey has a growing portfolio of dermo
cosmetic, OTC drug and medical device products produced by North American &
select international external manufacturers (EM’s).
The Manager, Process Engineering is primarily a technical liaison for externally-manufactured products for the NeoStrata
dermo cosmetic business. This position
holds responsibility for the performance of a select portfolio of EM sites that
produce a multitude of products across multiple product classes, technologies,
and complexities. This position will be responsible to ensure technical, and
compliance issues pertinent to EM products, processes are fulfilled.
The Manager, Process Engineering is expected to lead and direct the work of EM employees, actively
engage in development, performance and creativity of product processes. The Manager will collaborate
cross-functionally with Operations, Marketing, Quality Assurance, and Research
and Development (R&D) to identify opportunities and perform work necessary
to realize product cost and process efficiencies.
The Manager, Process Engineering will:
- Work with R&D Scientists to observe NeoStrata products
preparation on a lab scale and the relation to scale-up, to include
monitor lab scale with scientist and/or prepare product on the bench.
- Collaborates with R&D Scientists during new formula development,
and creation of standard and specification.
- Develop critical control points for successful process capability.
- Manage product transfers to maintain NeoStrata timelines.
- Retain oversight of EM experimental scale-up lab batch and pilot
- Establish scalable, robust, streamlined processes and
enhance processes for existing products.
- Review and revise manufacturing procedures to ensure
- Create, review, and circulate Validation Protocols and Reports with
aligned, respectful and productive relationships with J&J, NeoStrata and EM
leadership partners across multiple responsibility levels.
EM compliance for raw material conversions; audit batch records and
ingredient COA’s for accuracy.
the continuous improvement at the EM sites to implement change for future
- React decisively to a wide range of manufacturing events
and troubleshoot product issues under aggressive and often compressed
- Assist in complaint handling with respective investigations with the
- Assist to develop and implement strategies, plans, goals and
objectives designed to assure, efficient/effective
- Build and scale-up new processes for new technologies in development
and guide less experienced scientists with their projects on a lab scale
and at the manufacturing site
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Engineering,
Life Sciences or similar disciplines required.
minimum of 10 years of experience and knowledge of product development process
from prototype to manufacture working in a pharmaceutical, cosmetic and/or food
environment is required.
working in a quality or operations capacity at a manufacturing plant is
possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a proven track record of dependability and commitment
- Must be able to work collaboratively as part of a larger team
- Knowledge of the product development process from prototype to
manufacture is desired
- Knowledge of color cosmetics and/or unique product processes is
Sigma Process Excellence and/or other improvement methodologies experience,
training and/or certification are preferred.
technical writing skills
communication (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with
multiple, concurrent priorities many needing immediate resolution.
- May require up to 25 to 30% travel within North America.
United States-New Jersey-PrincetonOrganization
NeoStrata Company, Inc (6231)Job Function