1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Process Management
We are seeking a talented Governance and Reporting Lead to join the Enterprise Architecture Governance and Operations (GO) team which serves as bridge between the internal enterprise architecture team and the larger company-wide architecture and related technology communities of practice. The “GO” team is responsible for providing horizontal governance and risk management, and community of practice support and communications across the architecture function at Capital One. Additionally, this role provides operational support for the Enterprise Architecture department and will lead efforts across the department to define target success measures and create transparent reporting mechanisms against those measures. This role will help set the standard for being well managed within the Enterprise Architecture department.
As the Enterprise Architecture Governance and Reporting lead you will:
- Make sure EA (as a department and enterprise-wide function for architecture) is audit-ready.
- Manage several key EA governance / leadership meetings, including agenda support, tracking of action items, creating standing meeting content, etc.
- Manage Architecture governance processes as outlined in the EA Policy and related Standards and Procedures, including maintenance of process diagrams, formal documents, intranet pages, etc.
- Serve as liaison with Delivery Transformation to stay abreast of changes to overall Agile delivery practices, metrics requirements, etc. and communicate those across the architecture community
- Serve as liaison with Enterprise Services Business Risk Office
- Drive the development of controls to mitigate risks for key architecture practices
- Partner across the architecture community and leadership to define on-going improvements to architecture governance processes, controls, and remediation of ineffective controls
- Identify opportunities to automate manual controls and partner with team members to deliver automated controls
- Create process maps and identifying control gaps and weaknesses and with impact analysis of deficiencies
- Develop and execute a strategy and process to define EA department multi-year plan and integrate and analyze multiple data sources for holistic insights to improving department performance and effectiveness
- Bachelor degree or military experience
- At least 5 years work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build rapport with people across multiple levels
- Ability to negotiate and influence results without direct authority
- Strong consulting skills
- At least 2 years process mapping experience
- Proficient in MS Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree or military experience
- 2+ years of experience working in technology groups
- 2 years of Project Management experience OR 2 years of Process Management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.