This position within Prudential Retirement will be accountable for the development of new products, services, and capabilities for our defined contribution, defined benefit, nonqualified and retail business. The position requires product development and project management skills and a solid understanding of the retirement marketplace. Candidate will be responsible for taking ideas through Prudential’s Product Development Process from ideation through launch including obtaining project funding and risk/compliance approvals.
· Assist in the evaluation of industry trends, competitive data, and intermediary, plans sponsor, participant and constituent feedback to identify gaps in Prudential's Service Offering.
· Partner with Regulatory Product to enhance products/services as a result of any new legislative or regulatory requirements.
· Partner with Product Management to assess adding new product/services to Prudential’s Service Offering and to sunset products that are no longer aligned.
· Determine the new products or services that will be recommended for development.
· Partner with Business Technology Liaison team and Technology to ensure accurate and complete business and functional requirements so that appropriate estimates can be achieved.
· Partner with Technology and UAT to ensure test plans are appropriate and executed.
· Partner with Implementation Team, Marketing, Sales, Strategic Advisor Relations, and Relationship Management to develop appropriate 'go to market' strategies for new product/services or product/service enhancements.
· Complete the required documentation to enable the hand off of new products to the Product Management team.
· Create a positive culture where individuals can achieve extraordinary results.
· Act as a product advocate and champion to all audiences within the organization.
• Minimum of three years of related experience in the retirement industry required.
• Experience with corporate, tax-exempt plans and retail retirement products preferred.
• Preferred 2 years of experience in developing or managing retirement products.
• Strong collaboration skills required to work across Prudential Retirement and other Prudential divisions to develop and execute strategies that result in increased adoption of products, features and services.
• Understanding of the needs of intermediaries, sponsors, participants and retail customers in order to customize the tools and support they require.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to engage across diverse disciplines and levels of the organization.
• Project management skills.
• Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
• Bachelor degree preferred.
Series 6 or Series 7 and 63 licenses must be obtained within 120 days of start.
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.